The Reigning DJ King (MK III) is @Koala the King Killing Drop Bear is Simply Irresistible

Straight after Cheap Trick? Hmmmm… nah

Very nice for us old baby boomers apparently. Give me more of the good stuff @Hoffy.

YES

7-3

3 Likes

I so planned to vote that way if another 70s number came up but I cracked in a moment of weakness. I might even add Sniff n the Tears to the setlist.

1 Like

Driver’s Seat

Could have sworn Just What I needed/Drivers Seat came out in 81 - they both came out in '78

Stop doing that, you.

1 Like

You know it. Listening now, love the song. Also has cool synth.

1 Like

Yes. You can’t go wrong with power-pop!

Sometimes it’s like you’re my long lost twin

Yes

9-3

don’t make me repeat myself

Warm Ride is my jam from that era.

1 Like

1981 was the most epic year for Aussie music. The Angels, AC/DC, Models, Midnight Oil, Aussie Crawl all put out cracking records that year.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised, you have a noticeable love for the funky kind of rock. At that time I started going the punk route then bands such as Devo and The Cure got me more into synthy new wave.

Not a fan of the song, but a fan of Hoffy as a DJ, so yes to keep the thread moving.

1 Like

In case i don’t survive, @Paul_Peos you’re up

No.
Liked The Bottom Line and others from BAD’s debut. Went and saw them at The Palace around the time of Rush and they were awful. Played virtually nothing from their 1st album and got comprehensively blown off the stage by the support act - Maybe Dolls featuring Annalisse and Chris Morrow, who were previously in a terrific early 80’s band called The Numbers. They were great - an enormous sound for a 3-piece (and who doesn’t love a female bassist!)

I’m enjoying this set…another Yes from me

I’m with @swoodley. Yes for me

Pay that. Bonkers bridge, 2 middle 8s and an outro. Good song too. yes