The Reigning DJ King (MK III) is @Koala the King Killing Drop Bear is Simply Irresistible

1 Like

No @Hoffy, No

Yes @Hoffy, yes.

1 Like

No. Shelves stay empty… :frowning:

I feel I’ve been misunderstood here. I was handing out yeses till the early morn yesterday. Just one goat crap song gets posted before bed and that’s what I get remembered for…

1 Like

He did a heap of collaborations with good blues guitarists back in the day. He overplayed on all of them and used too much gain. Dude plays like a teen-metal shredder—not appropriate for blues guitar IMO.

But, everyone’s getting YES from me for the rest of the week :slight_smile:

1 Like

100% SPOT ON!!!
His own records were also produced like teen-metal records, with that awful compressed, gated drum reverb which was on every ■■■■-rock record in the 80’s.

Love this track…an easy Yes

oh yes :slight_smile:

I love the riff on his Les Paul in this song. I don’t reckon he ‘shredded’ too hard at all (in this song) (IMO).

I liked it more than I expected to, which is just enough to get a yes.

Nope

Yeh, it’s a nice melody over a classic chord sequence. And his shredding is more appropriate here than when he teamed up with some of the old blues players.

I’m just biased. When I learned to play guitar, I studied all the old blues/jazz players. The blues players I liked tended to emphasise understated call/response phrasing with plenty of empty space around what they played. Sure, sometimes they’d unleash in parts of a song, and those who were more technically proficient would shred a bit (e.g., Buchanan, SRV, etc.). But, they rarely let their skills overpower a song. As I said, I think when Moore played with guitarists like Albert Collins and Clarke, he overplayed and trashed the songs. Collins and Clarke sounded good—Moore sounded like an insecure, technically-skilled teenager playing his first gig :slight_smile:

Just my opinion.

1 Like

This is why I love really old blues (ie. @Kira emphasis of call/response and space and solo’s that fit a song, not suck its essence)

Anyway, I never got into Moore or this song, or much modern blues. A NO from me.

1 Like

Cheers & nice reply, Kira. You are far more knowledgeable than me.

Yep. This is what I was kinda getting at. I was referring to this particular song. I think he showed more constraint (control?) and didn’t shred like crazy in this song - certainly not enough for me to give it a ‘no’ vote. Horses for courses. I’ll just giddy up into my day now. :grin:

1 Like

lols

too much gain…

lols

1 Like

yes cause you can never have too much gain.

1 Like

No.

Word thing about being out of this thread is you come back and everyone has different avatars and your left wondering what got voted out to get that avatar

1 Like

6 - 5

No. It’s ok but really hackneyed. Maybe get Bleeding Gums Murphy on sax?

2 Likes

And let me say, I believe @kira deserved better.

1 Like