The Reigning DJ King (MK III) is @Koala the King Killing Drop Bear is Simply Irresistible

7-3

ready for the next

Ah Euphoria, I remember that. I would say no but it looks like the new 7 rule has kicked in?

So the resident DJ invokes new rule requiring less votes to get through… sure.

1 Like

I thought we might ride out this thread to 10,000 and enact any changes in MkIV. Give everyone time to discuss tweaks?

1 Like

This is a good idea.

Also, maybe we should start another thread to discuss potential revisions to DJ King IV? I’m finding it hard to keep track of all the ideas mentioned :frowning:

Anyway, if I get a couple of LIKES for this post I’ll start another thread in the gibberish forum. Otherwise, ignore this and carry on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

superfluous, and probably no surprise - I would have voted yes for Euphoria :smiley:

I’d also like to echo Deckham’s comment about easing off on some of the comments. Yeah, it might be tongue in cheek, but being told you have ■■■■ taste in music gets a bit tiring after the 100th time :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The entire premise of the thread is judging somebody’s taste in music… complaining about the comments seems a bit a of a reach in the context of the thread.

3 Likes

sure, but you can judge without being an ■■■■■■■ :stuck_out_tongue:

To give a nod to others ideas and feedback, another style for mkIV could be that all DJs get to open with a 3-song set. Voters decide whether they’d like the DJ to continue after hearing those three songs. After that it’s one song as per usual.

This would:

• eliminate one spin deaths
  • allow for genre hopping or a more realistic DJ “set” flow
  • eliminate free spins
  • let the voter vote more assuredly

Also, it would erase the need for battles as a regular part, as the DJ has had a pretty good go and should be ok handing over the booth once ousted.

1 Like

Ok, Klawdy’s last track got through.
Via PM, here is his next track:

EDIT!!!
Just found out - STRONG LANGUAGE WARNING
No kids in the car

1 Like

Yes to Gunners.

1 Like

It was only to keep the tunes rolling last night Whiney McWhiney pants. Back to 10 today.

Thanks for the language warning Deck!

yes to G’n’R. Guess that makes me a boomer?

You know what else keeps the tunes rolling? Good music!

1 Like

In a weird quirk of my rock music tastes, I genuinely dislike Axl Rose’s voice so much that I have to give this a no.

That’s probably not that weird. I reckon most people who dislike G’n’R do so on the basis of Axel’s voice or generally ■■■■ personality.

1 Like

I’ve forgiven / ignored many artist’s personalities over the years… But yeah, combine his with that voice? Damn, that’s a recipe for sh*tness.

1 Like

I like the genre, but not really this track, sorry man.
No.

This is an awkward reality.

The ‘no holds barred’ nature of the banter is largely responsible for the success of this concept.

And the banter has been pulled back already. The early days were absolutely brutal. People say sorry with their No these days.

The trick is to not take anything anybody (*cough cough Crazy Bomber) says seriously, and certainly not personally.

3 Likes