The reigning DJ King (Mk IX) is @nobody because ***BLOND DJ IS LIVE***...Round 2 (Songs from the slightly more successful round 1 DJs)

The beats go on!!

This is how we roll in DJ King

The Rules (or something vaguely resembling rules)

A nominated DJ spins a song. (all styles will be given short shrift except country which will be listened to and voted through in a timely manner (may not be true).

Punters listen (or not) & vote ‘yes’ or ‘no’ - with plenty of banter in between - some related to the song or DJ’s style, but mostly random stuff. There is plenty of salt and we have become a community with the Blitz community. Even one of our fearless leaders @Catherine_Lio has had a go.

If the DJ receives enough ‘yes’ votes, he/she spins again. If not, the slain DJ nominates a punter to become the next DJ & returns to voting on songs & plotting his/her revenge.

Custom now dictates that the slain DJ MUST then change his/her avatar pic to represent the band/artist that brought about their downfall.

@Kira is the reigning KOK (King of King) / QoQ (Queen of Queens) / MoDJ (Master of DJs) having spun the all time super set of the millenium . Why not have a crack at dethroning him? He has set a mark that will take some beating!!

The below link has the following which can be accessed from the tabs at the bottom left of the spreadsheet:-

NB: SPREADSHEET LINK IS NOW IN THE NEXT POST FROM OUR HIGHLY ESTEEMED COLLEAGUE @Paul_Peos

List of songs played to date by which poster with thread and post numbers and with vote tallies
List of DJ’s with date and time of their last set along with the number of spins they have had
Links to each of the previous DJ King threads to allow you to go back and peruse each song and associated comments

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11MGXrV5_d9UJb3CHaLrhPjB7skbrXGsUpUTr8OWzbkg/edit#gid=1940722586
7 Likes

SWOODLEY!!!

Edit: here is the spreadsheet.

7 Likes

Lurker!

2 Likes

Yes for Tumblebait.

2 Likes

You lot would be lost without me

(Although I seem to be having a problem bringing the spreadsheet over )

6 Likes

More of a Spiderweed fan myself.

1 Like

Yes. Can’t believe I’ve never heard this before.

1 Like

I remember seeing Tumbleweed down at EVs in Croydon with an upcoming You Am I as support. A lot of moshpitting was done that day in my flannel and Chuck Taylors.

7 Likes

Thanks a bunch swoods.

Yes. Was quite a spiderbait fan in the early days.

1 Like

untitled

What are we voting on?

Oh and I love how @swoodley was nowhere to be seen and then all of a sudden boom! He controls the new thread and title again.

1 Like

Nothing. The current song is through and @Strewth is dragging his feet in posting a new one…

1 Like

Some of the more astute members of the thread requested my assistance…being the caring and giving sort of person I am, I felt that I could not ignore their requests.

7 Likes

This should prove divisive.

I used to head to the metro every Thursday night (played a few gigs there too). There was a gig one night for a US band that had built a small cult following. I’d heard some banter about how intense the gig was gonna be, but I had no idea. The vocalist grabbed the mic and basically set out to put everyone in the joint on notice. He was angry as ■■■■. About 5 minutes in I realised he’d had part of one arm amputated. Give up the ghost/American nightmare as they were called basically scared the ■■■■ outta me, but also made me fall in love with songs they wrote like AM/PM and post mark my compass. I was quite surprised to find that Wes the vocalist now does this band Cold Cave. It’s miles away from. American Nightmare musically but lyrically pretty close, think sad and bitter.

Nailed your audience.

1 Like

That was pretty good, and not at all what I was expecting from the sobby.
It probably ended-up going on a good minute longer than it needed to but, all things considered, I can definitely yes that…

1 Like

nope

2 Likes