The reigning DJ King (Mk VI) is @Baakkeerrrr...all alone poor dear

Do we really want EDM on a Monday morning?

That was some fair sobbery there Wim.

I was wondering about the dance at the end.

Yes if needed. Not so much for the music as the whole thing. I liked Dead Can Dance also.

Baraka is sensational, and big yes to this track.
Biggest for a while.

1 Like

I was wondering about the donkeys at the start for you.
And as to the film, you knowā€¦the chicken scene.
Wouldnā€™t have taken a no from you personally.

1 Like

I come for the music but stay for the sob.

3 Likes

I think thatā€™s seven.
Enough of that.

Oh, this one. I know it, and Iā€™ve always found it frustrating - I like most of it, but the chorus is intensely irritating. The repeating staccato thing she does with her voice is bordering on novelty. She might as well have thrown some yodelling in for good measure.
Iā€™ll give it a bare yes, because the good still outweighs the bad (just!) That is a stinking, hairy grogan of a chorus with flies buzzing around it thoughā€¦

But that warm synth thoā€¦
Just a palette cleanser.

The Safety Dance does the exact same thing for me.

2 Likes

I have always enjoyed that. Chorus included. :wink:

Yes.

I only sob after I come.

1 Like

I blame Spektor for all the subsequent incredibly annoying little-girl-lispy-copy-cats that came afterwards. Something that has spoiled so much music for me.
Having said this, I do like the song and Regina was at least at the beginning of this terrible stage in female vocalist history. So yes.

Yep

Sure. yes.

Yep

Iā€™ve got a thing for Jew girls. Add Jew girls to the list of girls I have a thing for. Yes

When youā€™ve got a spare minute, could you possibly jot down a list of girls you donā€™t have a thing for (other than ones who have a penchant for musicians of courseā€¦)?

Have another Jewish girl, Diggers.

If not, itā€™s gonna make a cool avatar.

In hindsight, this clip is intentionally (or was it unintentional?) hilarious. The leathers! The hair! The throwing of shapes! The chorus of backing singers!

Sisters of Mercy produced by Jim Steinman? What a genius pairing!!

Yes (not for the clip thoughā€¦), even if it does bang on a bitā€¦