The reigning DJ King (Mk VI) is @Baakkeerrrr...all alone poor dear

I’d say EDM went downhill quick over the last 15 years as it countered exactly what your describing LB.

90’s and early 2000’s the best electronic artists didn’t make much money, or certainly not like rock or hip hop. It was probably only a couple of cross over artists like Prodigy, Chemical Brothers etc that became millionaires. Most toured the world playing gigs for the $10’s of thousands.

Just over 10 years ago you had guys that wanted to make money, which meant it had to be commercial. Take off the intro and outro, have a guest star on the record. Usually have big builds and a generic chorus/verse structure. People like Calvin Harris, Diplo, Skrillex, Avicii and David Guetta. They became millionaires but it’s really just ordinary pop music they are making. But much more accessible.

4 Likes
2 Likes

and so much worse then where it came from!

i had a saying growing up

in your hearts not in the charts!

1 Like

Agree with that.

Best rock gigs you remember every song and all the little differences to the record.

Best DJ sets your lucky to remember a song or two.

Maybe it’s that most of the songs you haven’t heard before as opposed to rock where you have listened to the record a hundred times.

2 Likes

as for the song no…the vocals just leave me empty

I like Rufus, good background music for doing things

Yes

Yeah digging this. Yes

KJ I going to have to ask you to stop because you’re stealing all my material. Safia was going to be my next track. And Rufus I was trying to work out a way to get in again.

yes

2 Likes

Yes

So good. I’ll be giving that another listen. YES

1 Like

Didn’t totally love that one, but scrapes in for a yes.

This

7-1

W T F ?

N

O

Hmm… Yes, but I think there might be some good bloke / earlier set bias in that vote.

If you’re still going tomorrow, I’d be keen to hear something from your hard rock / metal collection for a bit of a mix up.

no not a patch on the Nik Kershaw version.

Was going to play Legend B myself. Vocal sample on this version is different from the one I remember and would have played. Would have been a yes.

But it’s a no for the latest offering.

Yes only because I missed your quality tracks. You deserve another chance.

I’m listening to Polaris again btw.

That was a bit vanilla. Good bloke yes. BTW thanks for the DJ offer but I will be on a plane tomorrow for ~9 hours so maybe not a good idea.

NAH