The reigning DJ King (Mk VII) is - @Kira with the all time super set of the millenium

4-0

Only being a casual listener to MBV, I honestly struggle to tell their songs apart from each other. Like all of them this is OK-ish, but it doesnā€™t leave an imprint on me really. They never have done.
Yes, only just.

No, sorry. There is a common theme with a lot of your tracks, man - that stretchy tape-reverb thing along with intentional or otherwise discordant vocals and/or instruments that sometimes comes off, and others just annoys me. Couldnā€™t get past much of this one.

1 Like

5-1

Wow, that was really dull. No

Letā€™s get the thread moving so I can stop reading depressing football ones.

4 Likes

Nup

After reading this, I really wanted to help you out.

Unfortunately LBā€™s description seemed very accurate and so my vote probably doesnā€™t help at all.

NO!!!

Gee, who let all the negative nellies in?

5-4

Yesā€¦ Just

expedient yes

7-4 @mrjez

2 Likes

Just some bratty late teens in a car heading to a show across town or a skate somewhere, this blasting from the tape deck:

That wasā€¦ curious. All the pieces were there but somehow it just didnā€™t work for me as a whole - somewhat less than the sum of its parts. The vocals were almost too clean and nice for the song.
It reminded of one of those anonymous early 80ā€™s Oz bands that Molly was so fond of putting on Countdown with their very first single. You know the onesā€¦ they always sounded like the English teacher at your school had formed a band and theyā€™d pooled their money to get some recording time.
No.

Haha, I might have to seek some of those out.

1 Like

Wait, what?

Now the vocals are too clean.

5 Likes

I know! Coming from me, right?
Needed to be snottierā€¦ Blink 182-ish.
It is possible to be snotty and hold a noteā€¦

1 Like

Yes

Well, not snotty in the literal senseā€¦ then it reaaly is difficult to hold a noteā€¦

Interesting considering Blink are a poor manā€™s All/Descendents.

2 Likes

Yehā€¦ like I saidā€¦ curious. Something was justā€¦ off.