The reigning DJ King (Mk VII) is - @Kira with the all time super set of the millenium

Tbh I find it stranger seeing someone go all operatic over a metal song. I find the “growl” to be in line with the music.

2 Likes

Would not listen again, but an Asian women doing death metal deserves lots of diversity bonus points, so yes

1 Like

So you’re saying Nightwish sucks.

6 Likes

I did say “stranger”, which doesn’t necessarily mean “sucks”, although I may have expressed my lack of enthusiasm for Nightwish elsewhere in these threads.

Then again I’m sure there’s a Nightwish track that I’ll enjoy sometime…

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll give it a yes… set credit. but would love to see someone strip out the vocals and add some
Different versions in.

1 Like

Just about to go into a meeting. If this is voted out I’ll put the call out to @gnik again to return to the thread…

Ohhhh, I love this song. Great choice to lift the title for their tour film, too.
I’ll give it a listen on my smoke break, because the actual performance might suck.
Although i’m sure it won’t.

yes

Yes.
I’ll even forgive the terrible note from Stipe at the end. I don’t mind the Youngification of the song, either.
Just one of the great break-up/divorce songs.

Jesus that was good. Big yes.

Yep

Big YES

REM. A band I used to love, now I just can’t listen to them. It was the by-product of being hugely disappointed in seeing them around 1994-ish at the Myer Music Bowl. When they started with the shithouse “What’s The Frequency Kenneth” I just knew it wasn’t going to be a good night. They played stuff off Monster (a terrible album) and Automatic For The People and very little else (certainly none of the earlier faves - no Fall On Me, Radio Free Europe, Can’t Get There From Here, Driver 8 etc. etc.) Stipe was reading his lyrics off a music-stand. It felt very much like a band dialling it in. Just to pour salt on everything, I discovered they played a slew of old stuff the following night.
They were never the same to me again…
A very salty NO.

2 Likes

Ha, I’m like that. There’s a few bands I’ve totally dropped based on a single live performance.

I’ve also been converted to bands I previously didn’t care for, based on a single live performance.

1 Like

Likewise! It’s why I always made an effort to see the support acts - many of them sucked of course, but sometimes you’d come away very impressed by an act you’d previously known nothing about.

To be honest, I had been losing interest in REM anyway by that point (their most recent 2 or 3 albums hadn’t impressed me, and I was finding Stipe’s whiny voice starting to grate…), and was mainly going to hear some older stuff. Still, it was a tedious concert…

1 Like

I just didn’t go. They’d been my favourite band from discovering Orange Crush and working backwards, I hung on through Out Of Time, started withering with Automatic, and dropped off with that Kenneth song. I regretted never going to see them live, but I feel a bit better after your post!

1 Like

I only saw Stone Temple Pilots once, and they sucked. Really, really badly.

So I just pretended to myself that I was never there, and it never happened.

Actually, I never saw STP live…

5 Likes

That was very enjoyable. Yes

This list of bands I regret not going to see for various reasons is pretty long. I think it’s better to go and they suck, then to miss and hear it was good.

2 Likes