The reigning DJ King (Mk VII) is - @Kira with the all time super set of the millenium

I suspect the second night may have been a little better, but still… Now that I think about it, it may have been early 1995. It must’ve been when the Australian Open was on, because Jim Courier apparently jumped-up and played drums with them on “It’s The End Of The World…” (yet another classic we didn’t get the first night…)

1 Like

That’s what you get for being into obscure stuff.

When you’re a Triple J/M rock fan like me, you get to see everyone you ever wanted to.

Except for RATM… That still stings, but I haven’t given up hope.

Who is your biggest regret? Which one stings the most?

That’s mine.

Missing Nirvana.
Missing 1st-gen Pixies.

2 Likes

There’s still hope!

Nirvana
Soundgarden
A heap of the more obscure grunge bands.

Got to see RATM at BDO when they’d reformed as a touring band. 2007 I think it was. They were ■■■■■■■ awesome.

Yep

Archers Of Loaf. I was just getting into them and they supported Magic Dirt whom I didn’t care for. I skipped the show and later got more and more into them but they never came back and broke up. I saw the singer solo in NY later, which made up for it a little.

Weezer’s first tour was another.
Joe Strummer.

1 Like

Na, when they came out in the 00’s was the chance. No idea why I didn’t take it.

Ned’s Atomic Dustbin. Never thought I’d stand a chance getting into an overage show. My friend went and said he just walked straight in. Doh!

1 Like

Did Pixies tour Oz around the end of ‘05, orginal lineup? I saw them in Japan then and it was fantastic, when I wasn’t expecting it to be so.

1 Like

Yeah, Archers of Loaf were great. Listening to Icky Mettle as I type this.

1 Like

Yeah, I missed the boat. I heard Web In Front and Plumbline on RRR and thought it was pretty good, but had no idea how much I’d love Icky Mettle when finally hearing it.

Missed concerts? James Brown

Yep… BDO and a sideshow, too. Damn, damn, damn.

Hey @Preliminary_Point2, check this guy out.

1 Like

You know, I’m not sure they did… don’t think they came here until 2007 (when I was well past regular gigging). I knew someone in the tour booking industry in the 90’s. She had tipped me off that they had been booked here for a tour in 1993. Only one problem - they broke up and never came… They were my favourite band at the time, and I was devastated…

2 Likes

Saw Archers at RMIT… so bad I almost cried.
Saw them again at The Corner… so good I almost cried.

1 Like

All I can add to this conversation is pain… front row RATM at the Palace. They destroyed the place!

In line with their ethos… Merch was super cheap. Caps and t-shirts $5 and $10!

Hey @AVanderScreamer, Whatever song you spin next… It’s a no.

4 Likes