The reigning DJ King (Mk VII) is - @Kira with the all time super set of the millenium

I expected and deserved that!

7-1

Nirvana weren’t that memorable, very messy but still OK. Pixies did make me cry when Wave of Mutilation started was more like Wave of OMFG.

4 Likes

I hate you…

Oh, you need a song? Hang on

Sometime around then, maybe a year or 2 later, but pretty sure it was the original line up.

Was tied to some festival, maybe Virgin sponsored or similar, and when the massive beach balls with sponsorship logos got thrown into crowd, they stopped the show “The Pixies don’t do beach balls”

Also saw them in 2014 with Paz on bass. No Kim Deal obviously, but it was clear that she was fking rapt to be there, and that in itself was infectious.

Saw RATM at BDO in like 96 or something which was fantastic.

Obviously Nirvana is a big gap in the gig going resume, but have caught most that I cared about over the years, and plenty that I didn’t care about but came to care about later…

1 Like

In 2007 Pixies (Doolittle tour, they played all of Doolittle but started the gig with a few B sides such as Into the White) headlined the inaugural Australian V Festival, as well as packing out headline shows in Melbourne and Sydney, for which tickets sold out within minutes.

1 Like

Wife hated this and asked me to turn it off. yes

3 Likes

No she’s not, but I dare say she’s somewhat more reliable (musically and in other ways…) than ol’ Kimmy.

No to the song - didn’t do anything for me I’m afraid.

Nup

Love the Jag.

Yes

1 Like

Nope

no.

2-4

When this goes down, since @gnik didn’t seem to be around, perhaps @AVanderScreamer can have a spin

Thanks for the offer. @AVanderScreamer can go. Things are a bit nuts at work ATM, so hopefully another time.

Yes for me.

I will try to DJ, but depending on when @frosty goes down I may not be around.

Hopefully later, I am enjoying this set.

1 Like

50.1% Yes.
It’s kinda cruisey, but it’s also kinda basic and derivative.

1 Like

Give it a yes, but it managed to turn a nice new path into a rut fairly quickly

2 Likes