The reigning DJ King (Mk VII) is - @Kira with the all time super set of the millenium

Most definitely.

I actually consider 47/100 a pass, but then I did study engineering…

4 Likes

I can’t even yes that ironically

NO

Yes

Yep

I might switch to a TAFE like competency based assessment:

Result code Meaning
PP Achieved competency
NN Competency not achieved
3 Likes

NP Faculty Pass

FP False Positive

Big yes for taking a risk.

The Drones are a slow burn, hard to get over the line in this one listen format.

I had the Drones on a mixed CD that we listened to driving around France. It took about 20 Listens to get their songs… about the same time we started skipping over the power pop type songs with the catching hooks that we loved at the start.

1 Like

7-3 I think @frosty

1 Like

I was going to go in the country direction earlier in the day, but I’ve changed my mind…

That was a lot more interesting than I thought it’d be.

yes.

1 Like

I’d not heard that before…I liked it

Have a Yes

1 Like

Yeah I’m gonna give that a miss.

1 Like

Suppose its not too bad - yes.

PP Achieved competency

1 Like

Yes

A little Beatlesque, but didn’t suck even a little bit.
Any musos know what that third chord in the verse is?

Yes.

Must be a real slow burn - I can’t imagine any point in this lifetime where I’m going to want to listen to them again ever. Last time they were played I found it horrid, so Youtubed to see whether there was anything I was missing. You see, I’d seen their name around and wondered how they’d gotten so far being so average. Nope, everything was equally terrible.

In contrast, confident yes to Fifi.

I agree for the most part. A mate of mine (guitarist) is really into them and I just don’t get it, live or studio is equally bad. This one is a little different though, made me think of Einsturzende Neubaten with Nick Cave on vocals. Coincidentally I saw Neubaten and Drones on the same bill but Drones sucked and Neubaten absolutely killed it.

I might have to scroll back and give it a listen based on that description.