The reigning DJ King (Mk VII) is - @Kira with the all time super set of the millenium

Yes

1 Like

Not their best material but they have a lot worse. Devo are such a high risk band, when they get it right itā€™s brilliant and when they fail they fail epically. Just a YES for this song.

Yep

-?-

1 Like

Jurisdiction of Love
Stuck In A Loop
Cā€™mon

and many more

or are you asking why I gave a meh vote to a band of extremes? Itā€™s 'cause I love Devo but donā€™t rate the song at all.

Playing hip-hop is usually suicidal in here, but I am prepared to take a risk.

I used to be a graffiti artist back in the late-80s/early 90s. Not really tagging all that much, but mainly murals (pieces) on walls along train lines. And after being busted - legal murals. Almost everyone in that scene loved hip-hop, although I was kinda an anomaly (as a bogan). Still, I was exposed to a lot of hip-hop and even bought a few albums.

Iā€™ve always dug ā€˜Paid in Fullā€™. I think I prefer the Coldcut remix to the original version. The EricBAndRakimVEVO version is actually the Coldcut remix, but they have cut off the end part (which includes some scratching). So, if I am gunna bomb out, I may as well play the full Coldcut remix. Sorry, Hambo.

1 Like

Iā€™m tempted to abstain and go and buy pizza.

The little fella is nagging me to take him out for some okonomiyaki.

2 Likes

Yum!

I prefer Hiroshima style to Osaka style. You?

p.s. With yakisoba noodles and the final (top) layer being a sheetload of massive oysters.

Anyway JR, Iā€™m starting to feel a little bad about things. I keep missing the good stuff (Anthrax, Devo & Megadeth all would have been Yes, for example) and keep coming in for the bad stuff.

I like hip hop, but that was just tedious. Another NO from me.

Both good. I had one in Nagasaki that was farking awesome.

Edit. Just checked, it was Hiroshima.

1 Like

Well I just smashed some smoked chicken wings with garlic bread, washed down with a nice glass of merlot. Itā€™s no okonimiyaki, but itā€™ll doā€¦:wink:

The one time that I visited Hiroshima, I loaded up on that stuff. Found a cool little local joint, after hunting the streets for ages. No one knew where it was. Only had a few counter seats and the owner/chef. He was a huge Sanfrecce fan. Had some memorabilia in there. I ended up getting pretty blind and entertaining the locals. They wanted to take me out for after drinks, but I was too smashed after a 2-month detox and thought it too risky. Great city.

2 Likes

No.

Yeah, I loved Hiroshima.

Funnily enough, I had one of the best Indian meals of life in Hiroshima. Little hole in the wall place run by an ex-pat Indian whoā€™d married a Japanese girl. The food was stunning.

1 Like

Yes to track.

And yes to food talk.

2 Likes

For your next visit. This joint. Was racking my brains, but remembered it.

https://gethiroshima.com/dining/sarii-chan/

Ha, thx. Am gunna need every precious vote to get through here.

1-2

We had fantastic Okonomiyaki in Hiroshima. In the basement of a big shopping mall. Who knows whether it was the best in town, but the queue was about 100 deep by the time we left if thatā€™s any guideā€¦

1 Like