The reigning DJ King (Mk VII) is - @Kira with the all time super set of the millenium

6 Likes

Agreed

Spin ā€˜er up, @Crazy_Bomber

Donā€™t know how the crew in here will take a song like this but I canā€™t not take a risk. ā€œI grieve in stereo.ā€

Gee, Robert Smithā€™s son sure looks like his Dad. Yes.

Interesting song. Yes.

Iā€™ve listened to more music tonight than I have for months. Itā€™s been good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Deckham whatā€™s with the avatar? :rofl:

Nup

Oh yes, thatā€™s the good stuff.

Just a petty thing I did in protest to his avatar.
As it turns out, that prompted KM to edit his, and I rather like his new one, so Iā€™m sticking with this, hoping that he sticks with his.

1 Like

Massive yes

Have been wanting to sneak through something from this album the last few spins.

For the synth lovers out thereā€¦ Get on this album.

1 Like

Was it you who played something from it before? I seem to recall some chat about it a while back.

Donā€™t mind MGMT although I am of the opinion that a lot of bands did as good or better 20 years before them.

yes

I played something off another album, which prompted me to check this album out properly.

Iā€™m a big fan of these guys. They wrote three catchy radio hits, got an album deal off the back of them, and then proceeded to write material nothing like those three hits for the rest of their career.

2 Likes

Each of their albumā€™s ā€˜pay homageā€™ to a different musical style of eraā€™s past, so thatā€™s probably a fair criticism to make.

1 Like

Yes.

7-1

Agree, I think they found the perfect match on this album. They really went through some interesting phases after their initial successful album.