The reigning DJ King (Mk VII) is - @Kira with the all time super set of the millenium

I tried it once. So wanted to like it.

Was always gonna be hard to do better than Repo Man.

2 Likes

Repo man! What a great cult film!

1 Like

Welcome back fun JR.

Yes.

1 Like

Love these guys. Big YES

1 Like

Not again.

1 Like

Oh duh, I played them in my world beating set list. Stop poaching my stuff @JohnRain :laughing:

I only really noticed them when they released their second album, Odyssey, back in 2005.

Youā€™re well ahead of me. I found them digging for material during my last set. I should spend the time to go through all of their stuff.

Hell yes. This is their best tune, even better than the awesome Wire cover.

1 Like

Yes.
Prefer tracks like Emerge and Cloud, but this is ok.

1 Like

I assume that Joy D lite gag was a reference to Interpol? Hey, you stole that description from Socks. :wink:

Just Let Go?

Really? I thought it was a common thing. Actually, itā€™s funny you played Disorder cos thatā€™s the one of JDā€™s that really makes me hear Interpol. Mostly I donā€™t hear Interpol approximating JDā€™s depth of ideas or production.

1 Like

Anyone seen clips from Fischerspoonerā€™s latest album? Full on gay club type stuff now.

1 Like

Donā€™t know it. Just know a handful of tracks a mate (from Tokyo would you believeā€¦) has sent me on CDs over the years.

Yep. You said similar to Socks way back when he referred to them as JD lite. It was a good exchange. I kinda think of Placebo & Interpol as somewhat similar.

See I more lump Editors and Interpol together - both soundwise and the fact they started to suck badly after 2 or 3 albumsā€¦