The reigning DJ King (Mk VII) is - @Kira with the all time super set of the millenium

Equalled my highest ever song total. You guys are frickin awesome. Cheers. OK, we carry on (for now).

Still quite early here, so I won’t go too hard. Really loved this song when it first came out.

Yep

1 Like

Played this at work. I was on the fence with this one but my shift manager, who’s a complete fucktard with horrible music taste, liked it a lot. His quote: “it’s better than the pots and pans angle grinder ■■■■ you usually listen to”.

So it’ll have to be a NO from me.

Haha, no.

Diggers created this thread and it’s times like these I remember his credo.

I wan to punch Billy Idol in the face.

Horrid, truly horrid.

No.

2 Likes

Billy idol always looks like he’s just smelled a truly epic, life-altering fart.

I rewatched a decade old reality show “Rockstar Supernova” recently. So very good performances and lots of interesting rearrangements of songs.

Anyway, a couple of Billy Idol songs were done and with cranked up guitars they were actually pretty good.

This isn’t though. Sorry its a No.

Billy Idol is always fun.

YES.

1 Like

The fact that Billy Idol has sustained a career for as long as he has, is an insight into just how goddawful mainstream music became in the 80’s. Overproduced, underwritten pap with drum machines, fake brass keyboard stabs, Barr chord riffs and wailing back-up singers. All that leather, and studs and sneering and yet somehow he still came across about as scary as your local accountant.

And just when you thought his career had rightfully been buried, he got a thoroughly unjustified resurgence thanks to Adam farking Sandler (who is about as funny as testicular cancer… just another reason to hate him…).

This is one of his more palatable ones but is still execrable in every way… NO! GOD NO! FARK NO!

3 Likes

2-5 and in massive strife. Plenty of cranky morning punters here. :grin:

Yes

1 Like

I s’pose you like Adam Sandler too??? :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re reading too much into it.* The reason I didn’t vote yes was because I didn’t write Yes. I even find those percentage-style votes a little suspect.
Some great songs get played here that I can’t Yes- think Crazy played Witchita Lineman at one point.

*Or are you? After all the Doolittle raid was a psychologically successful, though militarily minor, bombing run over…all the pieces fit!

That rant was awesome.

2 Likes

I’m intrigued by this. Can you elaborate here?

In a suitably hipster cafe in town. Safety Dance blaring over the speakers. I think it’s a sign that I should vote yes.

3 Likes

Love Safety Dance. Enjoy! :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks JR for the trip down memory lane with Billy.

Unfortunately a No for me.
Listening to him now makes me want to understand what was so appealing about his music back in the day. Maybe we were young and dumb and full…

Anyway, I think that’s 4-6.

Mini comeback halted in its tracks. On the ropes. Come on someone & deliver the KO punch.

Yes.
Much underrated talent, old B.I.

1 Like