The reigning DJ King (Mk VIII) is @somebody else

Gambino for mine, just worse than Slipknot.

Off topic, but in my opinion thereā€™s a bunch of ā€œalternativeā€ albums on this list that were MMM fodder even thenā€¦

Anyway, a lot of good stuff on that list.

And on this slipknot = loser

@frosty comes in too late to take it to a three way tie with Gambino coming up worst on a 4-3-2 vote

1 Like

Think I would have gone the exact opposite, but thatā€™s Loser!

alrighty, last spin before the prelims

VS.

VS.

FIRST TO FOUR LOSER VOTES IS THE LOSER

Randy Katana gets my vote

0-1-0

I was bitter at the time that all the bands i liked went from playing The Corner or Festival Hall to The Tennis Centre because of MMM and flannel shirts on catwalksā€¦but what are you going to do? Just because MMM picked up a few decent bands to play doesnā€™t make them not worth listening too. It was the year or two after that when ready made ā€˜alternative bandsā€™ started coming out.

Anywayā€¦ a brief story about MMM and their ā– ā– ā– ā–  attempt at hosting a festival (I think it was alternative nation at Olympic park). Cracking lineup, we went despite MMM flags flying and their ā– ā– ā– ā–  DJā€™s presenting live from the festival.

Pennywise (US skate / surfing / punk band for those who donā€™t know) played the indoor stage. Great gig and I think Bells Beach must have been on because Kelly Slater and a bunch of other surfers joined them on stage.

After 45 mins some idiot DJ from MMM comes over the speaker ā€œThanks Pennywise for MMM or some such ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€ Pennywise said get ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and kept playing. 5 minutes later the house lights came on. Pennywise kept playing and invited the entire crowd onto the stage - and most tried too. Security was literally throwing people off the stage. The guitarist (or was it base??) is about 6 for 8 and he was hauling people onto stage one handed as fast as they were thrown off. Must have been 200 people up there.

We were stuck in the seats on the side so just sat back and watched the mayhem. Went on for about 25 minutes. Songs by this stage were obviously just noiseā€¦but you could clearly hear someone who had grabbed a mic and was justing yelling ā€œfvck MMM!ā€ over and over.

Great festival all around even if MMM did set the entire thing up.

6 Likes

Randy gets my vote.

Go Randy!

Great story AVS.

(And re MMM fodder really I was just annoyed that Throwing Copper was on the list. Just reminds me of someone hijacking the juke box at the Albion hotel Stawell and playing rolling thunder for 3 hours)

2 Likes

And loser = randy

Just about anywhere you go these days that has ā€œliveā€ music has 2 douchebags on acoustic guitars. Proper bands are hard to find and itā€™s all because of knobheads like Dan and Al leading the charge back in the 90s. Fark Dan and Al. Losers.

I used to see Dan and Al at the Punters Club on a Sunday afternoon. Hungover and hungry. Quite liked them at the time.

Anyway, despite them being pretty average in this song they are a match for the Bald Headed Flog. Randy is a loser.

1 Like

Last round I was glad we only needed 4 votes because the votes were so even. And now this one just flies through.

0-4-1

1 Like

Dan and Al for moi too. I dont mind the Randy Katana song but as usual Iā€™m in the minority. :grinning:

1 Like

Youā€™ve got good taste my friend. I voted for it to get to the end. :joy:

1 Like

Who posted that one originally?

:blush:

1 Like

It was you? :joy: