The reigning DJ King (Mk VIII) is @somebody else

You think that’s bad?

1 Like

I offered ages ago, but received a few nasty PM’s about it, so I chose to stay away.

I know this song cops a lot of sh.it in this thread, but being not one of the cool kids growing up, having attended 6 primary and 3 high schools and never really being one of the in crowd, and lets face it, still pretty much a dork, I could always relate to this song. So if @swoodley wants the seat he can have a Yes from me. So suck on those ones you bunch of losers.

3 Likes

Oh, @swoodley likes Teenage Dirtbag?

Yep, sounds about right.

As for KJ… You’re better than that, dude.

1 Like

Wow…it seems like these nasty PMs have been getting around.

I think we all need to get together and have in intervention with @Klawdy.

He’s drinking too much and sending out to many drunken PMs :beer:

3 Likes

It’s a great song Mr Peos (and deep down, you know that’s the truth)

Klawdy is so nice on the forums…

…on the forums…yes

But get him into PM world and it’s a (sadly) different story

1 Like

Dunno what the big deal is about Dirtbag, it’s just Weezer lite :grimacing:

Weezer got so sick of people asking them to play Teenage Dirtbag, that they just started covering it.

4 Likes

Go for it. There’s 416 unanimous vote throughs.

awesome

See…you love the song so much you’ve even posted another version of it

2 Likes

As I said back when it was played… I once booed louder than an Adam Goodes staged free kick at a cover band who was playing this.

So loud in fact, they p*seed themselves laughing, stopped playing, and asked what I’d prefer to hear.

Drunken me: “Play Screaming Jets!!”

7 Likes

It’s the extra nice ones you really have to look out for

1 Like

Good times.

Give it a rest! :joy:

Well done @davo on your win. Randy also says congratulations!

The best thing about this thread isn’t so much the music (as the last comp made abundantly clear!), it’s the genuine goodwill that’s developed between the DJs.

From my perspective you are all loveable rogues (worthy of a comic-book series). And it’s fun to spend time with you guys/gals. Hopefully we can maintain a culture of goodwill in this thread. And that we can keep the thread going for a while (I suspect the meaning of life itself will be found in DJ King X—Westworld-style, so we need to keep going at least until then).

I also hope (and suspect) that the nasty PM was a consequence of some kind of error (drunk, stress, misunderstanding, etc.) and not reflective of normal behaviour. And I’d encourage whoever did it to consider apologising.

Anyway, enough seriousness from me.

The throne is empty. Is anybody willing to cleanse our palettes of sh-t songs and play some good music?

4 Likes

And still no one’s realised that the song that went 0-12 in 11 minutes somehow slid through the cracks. Y’all not getting off that easily. Listen to it again, dammit (Not entirely safe for work):

4 Likes

I’ve been away too, but for totally different reasons.

Disappointing to hear, and completely against the spirit of the thread.