The reigning DJ King (Mk VIII) is @somebody else

giphy-4

Outstanding. Simply outstanding!!
Yes (2018 version of song still sucks though…)

Ha! I wrote it during study breaks and on weekends. So, it took a fair bit of time and thought. It’s a 10,000+ word story :slight_smile: The music was easier and only took a week and a half.

Yes: Hoffy, Wimm, Jez, Rain, Kj, Baker

6-0

5 Likes

Sorry I’m out of likes again :frowning:

Yes.

1 Like

Cheers for letting me share the origin story of the DJ Kings. It’s been a pleasure. I’d like to give special thanks to the GOAT DJ himself, @JohnRain. KoK kindly read over the manuscript and offered insightful suggestions and corrections that significantly improved the accuracy of my historical account. So, I credit him as a co-author of the project (QoQ & KoK). I’d also like to thank all the DJs—what a weird and wonderful collection of characters we have in here.

Anyway…

The story’s done and I’m spent. I abdicate. The throne is open for anyone who wants to spin. Long live the DJ Kings!

10 Likes

Thanks @Kira for a wonderful couple of days of music and story telling.

3 Likes

Jesus - I’ve still got songs from 7 years ago I haven’t finished to my satisfaction… What me, hyper-critical?

2 Likes

Yeah I dunno. I got one in the works that will come to define these threads.

I won’t reveal too much, but there’s lots of twangy country toonz and plenty of Something for Kate/Paul Dempsey tracks.

You ■■■■■■■ are gonna love it…

5 Likes

My pleasure, mate, but I must politely decline co-authorship. My input was seriously negligible. This project is 100% yours. And what a tsunami of creative genius it was. 31 episodes that kept us all enthralled - woven together with your own beats, samples and lyrics. Truly an epic magnum opus and a raising of the bar to stratospheric levels. Thanks for sharing with us and for all the time you invested in it. Kanpai to you, QoQ!!!

3 Likes

You missed my Yes

Ha! I’m like that too—I’m very hyper-critical with my “serious" songs. OTOH, when the album is titled Project Splooge, I’m probably going to be… less hyper-critical :wink:

I really valued your input into the project. Thank you!

2 Likes

Apologies :slight_smile:

And thank you for your kind words!

1 Like

“What do you think, JR? Any feedback? Suggestions?”

“Nah Kira, it’s a great ■■■■■■■ story mate. There’s just two little things you need to change. You need to make me the hero of the story and you need to mention repeatedly that I’m the best DJ in these threads and the absolute King of Kings. Can you do that?”.

“…”

9 Likes

So…we need a new DJ to follow on from @Kira’s monumental effort.

I nominate @Klawdy so we can get all the no votes (that we haven’t been able to use) out of our systems

Come on down @Klawdy

3 Likes

Haha, “standing ovation gif” into google. I should add a few more for good measure.

1 Like

Outstanding, Kira. Well done, man. Fantastic effort - and I dare say, a happy distraction to your studies.

Gold Azza :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Should we just spin Teenage Dirtbag over the closing credits of this opus?

2 Likes