The reigning DJ King (Mk VIII) is @somebody else

The beats go on!!

This is how we roll in DJ King

The Rules (or something vaguely resembling rules)

A nominated DJ spins a song. (all styles will be given short shrift except country which will be listened to and voted through in a timely manner (may not be true).

Punters listen (or not) & vote ‘yes’ or ‘no’ - with plenty of banter in between - some related to the song or DJ’s style, but mostly random stuff. There is plenty of salt and we have become a community with the Blitz community. Even one of our fearless leaders @Catherine_Lio has had a go.

If the DJ receives enough ‘yes’ votes, he/she spins again. If not, the slain DJ nominates a punter to become the next DJ & returns to voting on songs & plotting his/her revenge.

Custom now dictates that the slain DJ MUST then change his/her avatar pic to represent the band/artist that brought about their downfall.

@Kira is the reigning KOK (King of King) / QoQ (Queen of Queens) / MoDJ (Master of DJs) having spun the all time super set of the millenium. Why not have a crack at dethroning him? He has set a mark that will take some beating!!

The below link has the following which can be accessed from the tabs at the bottom left of the spreadsheet:-

List of songs played to date by which poster with thread and post numbers and with vote tallies
List of DJ’s with date and time of their last set along with the number of spins they have had
Links to each of the previous DJ King threads to allow you to go back and peruse each song and associated comments
1 Like

Wow you’re ■■■■■■■ quicker than death.

1 Like

Thread MkVII is dead…long live the new thread

1 Like

Im fkn dead. I wasn’t even in it. I’m dead.

1 Like

Kira gave me the heads up…and said that he would post the next episode in the new thread…so it made sense to have it ready for him

Don’t worry @davo, I died early but have made a cyborg comeback. Anything can happen it seems.

1 Like

70,000 posts & counting. We are all KINGS!!! :crown: (and :princess:).

4 Likes

So…via pm?

What the actual fark? Why are you lovable weirdos writing stories about me?

1 Like

Nah…just in the old thread…about post 9992 or close to that

I was just being unusually efficient

Death is not the end (ask Hambo).

1 Like

I’m failing horribly at innuendo, here.
All good, hahaha

Or Nick Cave

3 Likes

Or Nikki Sixx.

1 Like

Don’t ask Socks and Sandals though

Unrequited Love and the Exodus of FAP
“Frosty, why are you here? You shouldn’t—“

Constable Frost put the rolled up stolen photograph into superintendent Hoffsteder’s hands and lightly squeezed them. “The thieves who stole your photo are locked up in my van,” said Frosty. “After I’ve finished with them, they’ll never bother you again!” Hoffy burst into tears and hugged Frosty.

“Thank you Frosty! But haven’t you heard? It’s all over the news. It’s too late!”

Frosty stepped back a little and wiped the tears from Hoffy’s face. “What do you mean? I’ve been busy on a solo mission all week. Peos has had me chasing down your Iron Maiden photograph. What’s going on?”

“A newspaper has got a list of politicians and government officials—including police—who have contraband music collections or have attended underground parties. They’ve been releasing batches of names every day for the last week. There’s been a heap of high profile arrests! It’s over, Frosty. I just know they’ve got dirt on me and Paul!”

Frosty embraced Hoffy tightly. “I need to say something to you Hoffy.” He dropped onto one knee and started singing, “I miss you, like the deserts miss the rain—”

“Please don’t, Frosty. I will never forget the kindness and… closeness you showed to me during my break up with Paul. But…”

Frosty stood up and forced a smile. “You still love him.”

“Yes, despite his… his sexual illness,” said Hoffy.

“Then we will find a way to save both of you!” said Frosty.

“There’s nothing we can do. We’re guilty.” Hoffy sighed. “Even though you’ve got our photo back from the DJs, the newspaper said that they have information that implicates the police commissioner and his subordinates—that has to be me and probably Paul.”

Frosty slumped his shoulders and dropped his gaze. They stood there on Hoffy’s porch holding hands, both unwilling to let go. Suddenly, Frosty looked up and gasped. “Unless we run. We could get help from the underground DJs! They’re actually quite well organised. And they’re pretty good at evading capture, too! They could help us!”

“What? Why would they help us?”

“Well, some of them were willing to make a deal with you and Peos before. Maybe if we got something they valued, we could use that as leverage, or give it back to them as a sign of good will.”

“Like what?”

Frosty thought for a moment. “Like the dirty thieves in the van who stole your photograph, for instance!” Frosty kissed Hoffy on the cheek, raced to his van, and sped off.

The next episode is called: PP2 and the Wees and Poos Interrogation

4 Likes

You’re the State Music Journalist. The story couldn’t exist without you.

3 Likes

Maybe I’m too drunk (or not drunk enough)

4 Likes

The story probably doesn’t make sense unless you go from the beginning.

Yes

1 Like