The reigning DJ King (Mk VIII) is @somebody else

Yes it is. and tell him that making fun of my hat is a Cold Shot:

1 Like

Wait, so is this in competition with Nickleback and Phil Collins or qua?

I don’t think there are any established hard and cut rules. Call Gill for an interpretation.

Imagine being 7 and buying this cassette, then getting home and trying to comprehend wtf is going on here.

1 Like

The End came as a bit of a shock, too.

1 Like

Yes to Wim’s Police entry

So you’re the current DJ now Wim
well done for stepping up.

(It must be true as the thread title says so)

Wait, @hambo is Greg Norman?

(btw teenage frosty jr was very happy wearing an akubra this week
)

I reckon @deckham has played the best worst song in this thread

2 Likes

SRV-style? Hambo pls. I think you mean Hendrix-style.

YES to Wimmera’s song.

2 Likes

Hendrix’s hat is dorky.

1 Like

It is weird as all ■■■■, but yes to to Mother.

You crazy! :slight_smile:

3-1 for @wimmera1’s first song

Yes.

And yes to DJ Wim.

Check out the new monitors

what a rotten photo:

3 Likes

I’m jealous. I’ve haven’t got any monitors ATM, only headphones.

I’ve still got some old Genelecs that I bought back in the late 90s (but I didn’t bring any studio gear over to WA when we moved). I thought they were pretty good monitors TBH. But, they probably wouldn’t compare very well to the monitors out today.

I’d be interested to hear what you think about yours once you’ve got used to them. What are your initial thoughts?

They’re stunning. I can’t believe how powerful they are and how much bass response they give. The speaker box is quite deep and with the twin ports put out as much as I’ll ever need. At 3/4 volume they’re still punchy and crisp across the spectrum and as loud as I can bear sitting 1m away. 2 inputs let me plug in the computer and a synth at the same time. So glad I bought them.

1 Like

Sounds perfect for what you need! Not sure what I’ll do. ATM I just use my set up to sketch musical ideas—don’t need to worry about good mixes, mastering, etc., so I can get by with my cheap headphones. But that’ll change down the track.