The Reigning Dj King (Mk XIII) is @nobody...it's Blonde DJ Time again with @mrjez being at his divisive best (Part 1)

The Woodstock 99 doco want too bad. It did feel it was trying a bit too hard to paint it as a the worst of human nature, from both sides of the stage.

Was worth a look though.

Would be keen to see what Woodstock 94 was like.

Wyclef Jean.
Dude!..
What.
The.
Fark!!!

Muddy…

2 Likes

@wimmera1 so many good songs on the Illusion albums

3 Likes

I got voted out with Get In The Ring.

I loved it as a teenager.

Oh…the penny just dropped.

3 Likes

I would of voted for you, was I here then ?

Yeah, it’s interesting, clearly it’s someone with an underground purist angle towards their own definition of Emo and people clearly have different definitions of it but I’d go with this. I remember seeing bands that sounded like that at the Arthouse in the mid 90’s. Another Emo band I like is I Hate Myself, clearly they were taking the ■■■■ or a more tongue in cheek angle but done so lovingly. The only Emo record I have is a Portraits Of Past LP I bought c.2000 which is now selling for within the vicinity of $200AUD. Paid $15, bejesus.

1 Like

Yeah I used to have some of those but sold them. I shudder to think what they might go for now.

1 Like

Can’t stay up any later, have to report for Train control duty at 0800, was hoping to see some results, or a fight, no doubt will read it tomorrow good luck blondies

3 Likes

Nope.

But man, there was some interesting discussion going on.

1 Like

I hate EMO. My first band Psych Carni were described as Psychedelic Punk Goth in the early 90s (and got rave reviews for our gigs at the Arthouse BTW). The thought that we might have been described as EMO is horrific.

EMO was an offshoot rather than an evolution; like Numetal being described as an evolution of metal. It’s just not.

1 Like

1 Like

Unlike The Sex Pistols, Buzzcocks, The Saints, The Cure, Dead Kennedys, Peter and the Test Tube Babies, The Damned etc etc

2 Likes

That’s E 02 down.
Yeah, that Fred Durst.
He’s a bit of a ■■■■, eh?

I’ve been in Limp Bizkit’s backstage room once. It’s actually not an exciting story at all, they’d already quit the BDO because of the tragic loss of life at their Sydney show, but their Melbourne room was already set up and I was working there the day before and went for a gander in many artists’ rooms.

5 Likes

Come on, there’s not even bait on that hook.

Your hook or mine?

1 Like

150 posts I though the votes must be in. Nope just Jez trying very hard to both tell us he likes EMO and that it was cool to do so. If you were their before the kids it was cool man.

4 Likes

That’s your take from the past 150 posts?

Love Townes. I played Nothing along time ago, back when it was harder to get songs through and it did. Great track.

2 Likes