The Reigning DJ King (MKIV) is @Kj_11 mixin EDM on RDT

9-2

Edit: 10 with Deckham’s yes

RAINBOW! RAINBOW!

Say that again?

Deckham’s takes it to 10, i think

Ha! You want everything :slight_smile: Heaven and Hell is the best Dio/Sabbath album. But, given the concerns you’ve mentioned, I don’t think you’ll like it.

1 Like

I’m waiting…

Just had a quick scan of the H&H songs in YT - much, much better vocally. And the production sounds pretty good on first impression - sympathetic and reasonably unpolished, keys not too intrusive (bar the last track…). I love the first three Cheap Trick albums, and these songs have a similar sound. Will investigate in more detail…

1 Like

If this kills me, I die knowing it’s from a great track

For those of you who wanted Dio and/or Rainbow

3 Likes

No thanks

Not my cup of tea.

But have a yes, becuase you were asked to play and educate the crowd and I support that.

1 Like

8.12 is pretty indulgent but have a yes.

1 Like

I know the riff, but not so much the song.
Has that riff (opening ten seconds) been appropriated by someone in the last ten years or so? Has the song been used in a movie and/or TV show? Where do I know it from?

Went on a bit, but yes

1 Like

Me too - I’m sure I’ve heard it somewhere before.

Down down, prices are down?

2 Likes

Ha - pretty sure that’s not where I’ve heard it before.

I don’t know which came first, but it’s definitely along the same lines as the opening riff of 10CC’s “Good Morning Judge”…

(edit: I found a website which mentioned both those songs together, and added Saxon’s song “Wheels of Steel”. It’s not a song I’ve heard before, but it is pretty much the same riff, just a bit slower).

Disappointed I missed Black Sabbath. Have got one lined up.

Anyway, even though I’m not a fan of the vocal style in the Rainbow song, have a Yes for both.

1 Like

Pretty sure it was Bros. In the 90’s.

No.

1 Like

There’s a chick who does a sort of metal/stoner show on RRR on Thursdays, been around for years, did a fanzine back in the day. Anyhow, each week she sings Holy Diver massively off key, I don’t listen to the show much but she gives zero ■■■■■ which is what makes it and I think it’s a brilliant weekly event considering how seriously the odd announcer takes themselves. Great song too, as is this. Yes.

1 Like

Least the recording was better quality.

No.

Also my last no wasn’t counted.