The Reigning DJ King (MKIV) is @Kj_11 mixin EDM on RDT

Yes.

I got voted out for playing Only You and I’m still salty about it.

YES

1 Like

My parents had “1982 up in lights”. Yes.

8-1

I had it too!

Yes

1 Like

I’ve still got a handful of those vinyl compilations from the early 80’s. As a 10 - 14 year old they were a useful, cheap way of getting of bunch of songs in the one outlay of pocket money:
1982 With A Bullet
1981 Rocks On
1981 Over The Top
Heatwave '81
etc.

Geez, they sound tinny and poorly mastered these days though - 10 songs crammed onto one side at 33 RPM…

The first one I bought was, 84/85 Hits Hot (I think that’s what it was called)

You don’t hear much from K-Tel these days.

Still around, so Dr. Google tells me - into Infomercials these days apparently. Maybe the Shamwow was one of theirs…
They continue to earn residuals from some of the songs they own including “The Twist” by Chubby Checker, “What I Like About You” by The Romantics, “Tutti Frutti” by Little Richard and “Surfin’ Bird” by The Trashmen…

“Solo for two”

1 Like

Thru the Roof '83 my first album, didn’t mind '87 Hots Up either

I was so close to playing that on here the other day.

1 Like

80s synth? Yes and spin again @Preliminary_Point2

Ok this one might be polarising, but I love the groove.

2 Likes

haha…I used to just record off the radio on to tape.
I still have bags of tapes - maybe 60 or so, of mixed recordings.
Oh my - just remembered - I had a Teledex where I used to record the start-point for all tracks on all tapes, so if I wanted to hear a particular song, all I had to do…was pull out the Teledex, flip to the right letter, find the name of the cassette, go look for the physical cassette, then check the starting time, FF to that point - and there you go! Magic!!!

Fark you kids

4 Likes

Thought it would be a no 'cos MMM, but sufficiently redeemed by a nice chorus - yes.

Yes to the track.
Love it.
8.8/10

Me too. I made mixed tapes on weekly basis. Recently moved house and have about 300 - 400 cassettes in boxes in the garage. I’m gradually going through them, as I don’t want to throw out any demos and rehearsals that may have found their way into the collection. It’s quite fun.

1 Like

Yeah, I like this song. Haven’t heard it for ages. Holds up well. YES.

(Nice fretless bass, too.)

Yes