The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

Spin!

Let’s slow it down, way way down

Really dislike RS’s voice.
I know, I know.
But she started this whole farkin baby-talk ■■■■ that has pervaded every farking wanna be female act. Really despise it, and therefore, it get’s a big No from me.,
I do love the song - in its original form.

2 Likes

A cover!!?? SHUNNNNNNNNN

no

2nd. No

I reckon that phenomenon is more attributable to someone like Tori Amos, who could at least get away with it on her early material (which had some spite and anger about it). Less so from her 4th album onwards which has been a never-ending melange of over-produced, samey, mid-paced sludge.

I don’t mind Regina Spektor’s full-band arrangements but struggle with her solo, pared-back stuff like this.

This is a great song in the first place. The cover at least enabled me to fill in a few of the gaps in the lyrics. But it didn’t really hold my attention. No.

I liked that, so yes

I really like the original, and I thought she nailed the cover.

Yes.

Yes

I like the original and thought RS really did it justice.

An injustice! I meant an injustice!

No.

3 Likes

Radiohead are farking terrible, but I’d rather listen to their version than this pile of ■■■■■.

NO

Soppy tripe. No.

Thanks for playing, SMJ. Enjoy the new avatar.

Actually would reverse my vote if I could. Timing is everything. Then again…

1 Like

Am I out? Thank god

I haven’t been around the thread much so I don’t know who should be next up. First to post a track gets it. Go

Language warning!

Yep

Yes

I do prefer Melbourne band The Slugs 1970s version Good Citizen (you’re full of ■■■■) but this one has a certain appeal. YES

yes

Hilarious. Yes. :laughing: