The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

That whole good bloke thing just wasn’t sitting right with me. Nah, actually I’ve listened to that band a few times and I feel that I should like them but they never seem to grab me.

When does it start?

Hopefully tonight. :grin:

This is part of your greatest hits set. Definitely used this joke before. But it’s a good one.

Really?

Good memory. I thought I’d just thought of it.

I’m less proud of myself now.

2 more no’s and we are away the ?

1 Like

When Hesonlygotaleftfoot gets voted out. So, no definite starting time.

If it’s any consolation it was in the best albums of threads. Although might not have been you…

I take it back it was SMJ.

Sounds about right, I’m always stealing his material.

1 Like

That’s mean. Hesonlygot deserves More Than This.

But we didn’t.

Says themanwhovotedno. :wink:

Precisely.

HOGALF has spun a good set so far IM0. Rain is just impatient :slight_smile:

…spent the last 8 hours trawling youtube for live performances…I think I need a life.

(on the plus side I found some 1992 Empress shows of long forgotten melbourne bands…)

5 Likes

Empress was where it’s at. My band did a song called “Drinkin at the Empy” , it was about Paul Floppy getting shitfaced and thrown out.

3 Likes

What was your band - good chance we crossed paths at the Empress.

Lucky you, I spent the last ten hours flying home to Perth.

Yes to Roxy Music music

I was in Clowns Smiling Backwards who are referred to in the song. The band I formed with Paul Floppy (after Mr Floppy disbanded) and two other guys from sound engineering school was called Poontang. We basically wrote some stuff to record as a project for our course and ended up enjoying each others company so much that we continued the band and hung out for years.

After recording an album we sat in the pub one day thinking about what to do next and we came up with the idea of recording an anti Pauline Hanson song to the tune of Turning Japanese called the Farking Hanson song with the band name Single Mothers. The election was looming and Pauline was in the press a bit. We also did a radio friendlier version, the Blooody Hanson song and it got huge airplay on JJJ but we never sold it because we were concerned about litigation and kept anonymous.

5 Likes