The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

N
N
Y. I already liked Dr. Hook but that was awesome. Probably 2nd favourite track so far.

1 Like

I actually really really can’t wait for @Crazy_Bomber’s response to these. It’s going to be a classic DJ King moment, I can feel it.

As for me: if I was sober, I’d have to be pretty drunk to actually vote on this in any serious manner - and you’ll be able to tell by that statement that I’m at least somewhere in between the two.

One of the best and most entertaining sets. Interesting how the line between pretence, irony and belief in the spirit of rock n’ roll has shifted over the decades. Challenges my voting MO so far.

I’m going to vote for it as a set, not for the particular songs, so in that format it’s a YYN just. I think you’ve caught me at a good time. (Holiday tomorrow.)

Have yet to give higher than that, so can’t. But ■■■■, I know I’ll be laughing about that set for a long time, as well as appreciating - if that’s the right word - it historically.

(Edit: All of which overlooks the Deep Purple performance, which I liked. Appreciated seeing something other than Smoke on the Water.)

1 Like

They are all kinds of ■■■■■■ up in that clip and still manage to sound good.

1 Like

Thanks mate. The flamboyance of Tull, meets the indulgence of Purple and the sheer ■■■■ it we’re having a good time here and couldn’t care less what the ■■■■ you clowns think of us of Hook. I could have played others, but I thought these tracks summed up where music has come from to what it is today.

1 Like

Enthusiastic Y Y Y.

1 Like

Let your biases flow and skim, scan, skip, and stop as you see fit. Develop the art of making a vote on 26 minutes of music in 26 seconds.

(Not that I would ever do this.)

6 Likes

Crikey, I can only take 2 minutes of it at a time.

@crumbs delivers a superb sob story of being mauled by guard dogs on the Polish/German border, but still can’t garner enough sympathy votes. Welcome to the rabid DJ King thread, Crumbs. Trust you’ll stick around.

Flat out at work right now, but I have a few sob stories up my sleeve. Stay tuned.

And great to see Crazy make an appearance.

3 Likes

bodacious set
YYY

1 Like

■■■■ it. YYY

12-3 (400%)

1 Like

Quality, LB.

YYY.

1 Like

Nope
Yep
Yep (they were really happy in that clip)

1 Like

17-4 (425%)

NNY

Enjoyed! Especially deep purple, their live in Japan LP is nice. YYN

2 Likes

Ok, finally got there. YNY.

Bookends were hilarious. Deep Purple was too big an ask after the Jethro was quite long, sorry I just couldn’t get through it, and my vote is kind of overall impression in the end.

2 Likes

22-8 I have become an official Live DJ yeehaw!!

2 Likes

LIVE SET #15: DJ Lifetime_ban
Minstrel in the gallery, by Jethro Tull
Child in Time, by Deep Purple
Cover of the rolling stone, by Dr Hook & the Medicine Show

NNY (Klaw)
YYN (Zimm)
YYY (Digg)
YYY (ham)
YYY (Kira)
YYY (Rain)
NYY (Hoffy)
NNY (AVS)
YYN (crumbs)
YNY (jez)

22-8 (275%)
Official LIVE DJ #12

Thanks guys n gals for voting for that set, I wanted to have some fun and thought the first and last really did that, while the Purple song was a great demonstration of screaming in tune and rock’n’roll excess. bring on the next Live DJ and kudos to @Kira for this fantastic concept.

2 Likes

Crazy gets the credit for LIVE DJ :slight_smile:

Might I suggest Diggers or Choppy as the next DJ?