The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

Redundant YYY

Jethro Tull have always been an acquired taste…one that I acquired years ago

Deep Purple…badly underrated in the annals of music history…this is one of their greatest songs

And yeah…Dr Hook…how farked up are they lol

3 Likes

Absolutely and thanks then to @Crazy_Bomber for this fun concept. Come on down @Diggers or @choppsuey or even @Crazy_Bomber

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I’ve got to head off early tonight. If any DJ who hasn’t had a turn wants to play… the throne is yours.

Well, I’ve had a set ready since Sunday, so I’ll go if no one else is around…???

1 Like

I couldn’t find a version from when they were young and groovy but this will do…

This was when they were young and groovy…

This is one is livish…

1 Like

Hmmm…that set was rather disappointing although I’ll give you a yes for Ian Dury as I hadn’t heard that track for many years

NYN

NNY

The Y is for trolling Baker and managing to get 5 saxaphones in 3 songs.

6 Likes

Hahahahaha it a total saxfest. NNN

I’m on track for a ‘frosted Klawdy’ here.

2 Likes

YYN.

That was fun, Diggers.

1 Like

Yay! Social obligations finished earlier than expected. Back to the DJ thread :slight_smile: What has the OG got cooking?

@Zimmer I’m looking forward to hearing your set!

I was going to give you three yes’s, but having the Young Ones, quite possibly the worst TV show of the 80’s as the basis for your third song gives the song an automatic no.
YYN

1 Like

Baker isn’t the only one who hates sax. But, I do like Ian Dury, so… NYN

7-11 (64%)

Wash your mouth out with soap…The Young Ones was a farken classic show

1 Like

I rate it right up there with Friends and Seinfeld as the most over rated crap to ever grace our screens.

Yep. Lifetime Ban just bought himself a lifetime ban from yesses from me.

4 Likes

I’ll go YY and N, but in no particular order.
I love the post-punk-funk stuff, and ACR and RR&P are great examples, and those are great tunes. But the latter day live Shack Up was a bit dull. Surely there’s some better Hacienda days footage somewhere?

2 Likes

I agree, this is… wow… even to compare Seinfeld with Friends…!!! Friends is not even close. I just don’t know… but then… I just… Young Ones!!! Wowee. Wonder what LB ranks as good shows!?

1 Like