The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos & Seinfeld are the greatest TV shows ever made (for mine).

9-12 for Diggers.

Guess I should vote on @Diggers set while I’m here.

To be completely honest and polite: that first song was so rubbish I don’t quite know how to express it. I’m sure it was a Diggers special - like the whole saxxy-set. Ian Dury - is he very wasted? - was pretty fun, then the guy with two saxophones in his gob (who looks like Chip Gaines) pushed it to another level. Then, fk me, Young ones or not that last piece of crap. (Just remembered that my first spin in DJ King was Young Ones/Motorhead.) Have the recollection that having a musical act in your show at that time would garner a bit more funding from the BBC, so…

Anyway, it was all rubbish and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

NYN.

(@JohnRain - as far as the sitcom genre goes, there is nothing close to Seinfeld. I’m about to put on an episode as we speak. Night guys and girls.)

None of them appealed. For me the humour is too forced. I like funny, but I want to have to think about it, I don’t want to be bludgeoned with it. Having said that, loved Married with Children, go figure! If you want to know what appeals to me, go watch a show called Galavant.

Wholeheartedly agree.

From broke to a billionaire requires a special level of comedic genius.

10-14

It’s more about the timing. Right show right time. Five years earlier or later and maybe your point of view would be like mine and he and the rest of the cast would have faded into obscurity. Best thing Jason Alexander ever did was appear in a couple of film clips for C&W singer Brad Paisley, Online and Celebrity. Check em out.

Duckman was good.

Early Seinfeld is my go to - and I don’t feel it forced. Actually, love its subtly, and watching it develop. Just nothing like it for me, though it does get a bit “whacky” for me in the last few seasons. It’s one of the few US comedy shows I like though. British humour is generally more my style.

Anyway, a topic for a whole other thread. I’ll check out Galavant.

1 Like

I love Duckman. Seinfeld was so hyped that I avoided it for 10 years but eventually grew to love it. Friends meh

Completely agree. Friends is forced, to me. Nothing like Seinfeld. Seinfeld was great because they refused to do it how it had been done before. No sentiment. No resolution… but I’m going on again.

Duckman is way too grim for me.
I love Cornfed, though.

Seinfeld and The Young Ones overrated?

What else is overrated? Boobs? beer? Footy?

5 Likes

NYY

Cornfed is the best cynical character ever; he has this wonderful disdain towards everyone.

So I’ve got the day off tomorrow - what’s everyone else’s excuse?

NYN to your view on tv shows

Nope
Yep
Yep

NYN

No
No
No

Late NYY for mine, wouldn’t’ve saved @Diggers. That double sax solo, and nearly getting 3 under 10 minutes!

1 Like

LIVE SET #16: DJ Diggers
Shack up, by A Certain Ratio
Hit me with your rhythm stick, by Ian Dury and the Blockheads
Rip, Rig & Panic, by The Young Ones

NYN (Swood)
NNY (ham)
NNN (AVS)
YYN (Rain)
YYN (LB)
NYN (Kira)
YYN (jez)