The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

We’re nowhere near full on Irish, but enough to have heard that song before the Pogues.

I feel really, really rough and I can tell you I’d rather be sick than hear that abomination again. This thread has become wayyyy too forgiving, a massive NO.

1 Like

LOL.
Whadayawant for an under the weather song?
I’m not sure I could choose better.

Let me drop a no right here.

A song that’s listenable.

Yes, well you’re being silly now.
Clearly people have found it listenable for the last seventy years.

voting 9 to 5, and they’ve got you where they want you

I’m being silly for giving my own personal opinion for If I like a song or not?
Am I not allowed to say my own personal taste in music?
I don’t care if everyone is lining up to eat Trump’s nails, I think it’s boring yokel cr*ap and that my opinion, you’re very welcome to vote yes.

2 Likes

I’m just saying that this particular song, imo, would be preferable when you’re feeling a bit crook to some metal or punk or indie or electro.
I’m sorry you don’t feel that way.

That’s based of literally nothing. I can tell you right now as feeling sick, hearing some yokels play that trash whilst watching the singer with the most deformed teeth you’ll see did not make me feel any better than I would If he’d played any other song.

Dental Plan

yes from me.

I feel you there.
In my last set I tended to playing songs without a video unless the video was particularly good.
In the eighties, perhaps even the nineties, the video was a part of the song.
Often now I feel like it detracts from it.

And if you want bad teeth and bad vocals and a terrible video that detracts from the song, you can’t go past Only Living Boy In New Cross.
A favourite of mine.

1 Like

Literally On my list! Can’t play it now though…

Yes you can!
At worst it’s a 1-10!

1 Like

So thanks all for voting me up to 10, here is another Englander Celt with much-maligned vocals. There has been discussion before of our favourite extended tracks, and how they are set-killers. This one is just over eleven minutes. It appears to have been taken down from the web in stand-alone format, but it is the first track here on the album. You can just about hear where I tore my calf muscle at 7.36 dancing to it, as the main orchestral theme comes in again after a guitar segment.
I realise it is a bit to ask you to listen to 11 minutes. There is no clip and you can have it on in the background, but to me it is musically epic and a 180 turn from when the singer used to complain about “the Headmaster Ritual”.

PS It’s called “The Teachers are afraid of the Pupils.”

You’ve posted the whole album (all 47’50" of it). Not sure where the intended track starts…

Sorry Bakes, starts at 0.00

Ah, rightio then… as you were…

Best share-house song ever written.
Bar none.