The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

expedient yes

Been a few D&B songs played in here. I particularly liked the late 90’s intelligent D&B sound.

This is one of the best examples.

That’s so much “of its time”.

Anyway, I’ll say yes.

I was going to complain about it “not going anywhere”, but then the guy dunked and it was all resolved.

1 Like

Nah.

That’s flaccid, Zimmer. I would say flaccid yes. Words are important!
A lettuce is limp. A song is flaccid. A sash is droopy.

Interesting YES for the present song.

5 Likes

An English mate of mine is into D&B & shared some tunes with me back in the day. Actually, he prefers UK garage/grime (The Heartless Crew, etc). Took me a while to warm to the genre, but I occasionally listen to it, although as you know, I prefer a slower beat. Anyway, Roni is a legend & I didn’t mind that, so have a yes.

1 Like

Calling the DJ help line:

What does everyone else do when they get a day or two without the family/house to yourself sort of thing? I look forward to it for a ages then don’t know what to do with myself. Too many options vs not wanting to waste it. (Then again I do have my problems.)

Crank the stereo!

But it’s great to have those days. For me it’s go to a favourite cafe and take my time read the paper etc. Excercise then maybe a massage or bath. Cook favourite dinnnee(or pizza) then watch a film. Usually some kind of sci fi thing that I know my significant other won’t like.

3 Likes

CIDER!

2 Likes

If it feels good during & not too bad afterwards, it’s not a waste. Make of that what you will.

3 Likes

True

I’ve had a fair bit of time off recently.

There where times I actively needed to do things to justify it. Other times I basically slept, i felt guilty but at same time knew it was what I really needed.

2 Likes

I get lots of time to myself. Sleep in, wash the dishes, hang up some washing, go for a bike ride and pick up stuff from the butcher, fruit shop, deli and supermarket. The I do a few things around the house, today it’s sash cords for the man cave window.

2 Likes

Sorry to have hijacked the thread, but I’m very appreciative of the responses. I think @Preliminary_Point2 hit the nail on the head with the guilt thing. Anyway, for now I’ve put the hammock in the last of the afternoon sun and have a cold beer. Google Play on shuffle - Sowing the Seeds of Love? Not sure if that’s a good omen. Now to not overdo it. (See what I mean?)

Anyway, carry on DJ’s. Thanks

6 Likes

Oh and forgot, something I’ve only recently started to do again. Vinyl shopping, nothing better to kill a few hours. I hadn’t done it for a long time, but this thread inspired me back into it.

My current favourite in Melbourne is Dutch Vinyl in Abbotsford. Good cross section of genres, both new and collectors.

3 Likes

Nice work so far PP2. Have a YES and a redundant yes for DJS.

1 Like

It’s very dark here. Even when it’s light, it’s dark. Haven’t seen Bjerk yet although we may have passed each other on the street but it’s that dark I wouldn’t have known.

Play a song about Icelandic girls.

3 Likes

4-1 and a couple of abstainers.

@Diggers songs come quicker if you vote.

2 Likes

Fk you! I’m off to night shift. Sounds awesome. Enjoy.

Didn’t mind it, Yes

My second no in a row. Do you have any idea how long it has been since I gave two no’s in a row? Well, do you?

Just asking cause I can’t remember myself and didn’t include that sort of nonsense in the spreadsheet.