The Reigning DJ King (MKV) @Preliminary_Point2...playing some stuff

9-3 (clap clap clap)

Oui! oui!

1 Like

Is that a yes?

1 Like

Time to play some Rowland Howard. As a 16 year old wrote the song Shivers which was later reinterpreted and performed by Nick Cave on Countdown. An icon of the Stkilda music scene, he died of liver disease in late 2009. This song is about breaking up.

Listened to Shivers earlier this week. The Howard version (not Cave’s one). Hambo’s set prompted me to dig it out. OK, scratched from a future set. R.I.P. Howard. Yes.

1 Like

Yes I prefer the Howard version too. The cave version was indeed a commercial success at the time though.

1 Like

It’s a cover, and a great one too. Yes.

1 Like

Yes

Loving the parochial theme of Boy Wonder’s set so far.

This is really good. Yes

1 Like

4-0

YES

DJ Robin_Close (eighth spin)
SONG #1204 She cried, by Rowland Howard

YES: Rain, SS, Jez, Digg, Kira
NO:

5-0

Oh yes indeed.

Anyone who no’s this song is a bum.

1 Like

Sounds like Bob Hawke circa 1984 after we won the America’s Cup.

1 Like

It’s a terrific line. You can modify it for just about any situation. But most of all it’s true. Vote this down and you’re a bum.

1 Like

If @Crazy_Bomber votes this down, he’s a bum.

1 Like

To be fair to @Crazy_Bomber we already knew he was a bum but if he votes no then that will confirm it.

1 Like

This song would have worked well with my set. I got voted out just when the relationships were all set to go sour and get nasty, mental health and drug and alcohol problems develop, culminating in eventual death.

YES

1 Like

I’m a bum. No.

I’m obviously in the minority (and a bum), because I don’t really like anything Cave-related. At all.
I pretty much knew how this was going to sound before I heard a note.
It actually wasn’t as bad as the first 30 seconds indicated, but I still didn’t like it much. And by jesus it went on and on…
NO.

1 Like