The Reigning DJ King (MK III) is @Koala the King Killing Drop Bear is Simply Irresistible

8-3, and I’m off till the morning.

Catch ya all then.

What’s the deal? Is it to do with the lyrics? I have a lyrical blindspot and don’t know what most songs are about, vocals are an instrument to me and I rarely get what a song is about until I have heard it many times.

Yes - 9-3

The only lyric is “change the pitch up, smack my ■■■■■ up”. I guess people figured it’s a call to hit women. I remember there being a fair bit of controversy. The original lyric is from Ultramagnetic MCs, where Kool Keith raps “smack my ■■■■■ up, like a pimp does”.

1 Like

So is it an irony thing or are they just trying to be controversial? I’m hopeless when it comes to that kind of stuff. I love the music but still don’t understand what their intent was with the lyrics.

From Wikipedia:

The band defended the song, saying that the lyrics were being misinterpreted as misogynistic and the song actually meant “…doing anything intensely…”

2 Likes

Yes to song

Yes to @Paul_Peos

1 Like

10-3 Wake up and spin again @Paul_Peos

Yes to spin again.

No to sleep!

2 Likes

Good morning gang.

Hope the salt hangovers arent hurting too much.

Let’s ease into the morning.

Either that was awful or I woke up very cranky.

free YES.

1 Like

I feel like I’ve hogged your entire free yes period.

Is this song about the mood swings of this thread?

Yes.

Saw Elvis at The Palais a few years ago. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Ha ha! I’ve only really liked two of your songs this set, so you have got a lot of freebies :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes

Yep

Yes to the real Elvis

You’re being very clever with your set, PP.
And I’ve enjoyed it - Yes.

Love EC’s work up until the mid-80s… not so much after that. Lost his angry edge.
Might have helped with this track if I was familiar with The Big Liebowski.
No.

Yes