The reigning DJ King (Mk VI) is @Baakkeerrrr...all alone poor dear

No.

Damn, now when I listen to music, itā€™s not just would this be good for DJ thread. Now you have to categorise, normal DJ or comp DJ. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Neil Young and Devo was my favourite. It was a glorious trashing of the song and Iā€™d never heard it.

Chris Stapleton - Nobody to blame is worth a mention. Iā€™m not into much country but it was very well done. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it and gave votes.

Iā€™m disappointed nobody noticed that I labelled Poontangā€™s Fitroy Poet (Dark side of the Poon). Was looking to cash in on the Pink Floyd love :smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™d be hopeless at categorising the songs. Iā€™d previously considered playing Bagboy but figured nobody would give it a yes. Perhaps my cheerleading helped :blush:

1 Like

It certainly didnā€™t do any harm. thanks for cheering for the bagboys.

Were you a fan prior? Great band, Iā€™ve almost played Thatā€™s When I Reach For My Revolver in here before.

Nah. One of those bands that slipped through the cracks. I enjoyed the song enough to dig further. Hope you will spin the Revolver song someday.

1 Like

Relaxing enough. Yes.

1 Like

Neil Young, Devo was a cut version I wasnā€™t game to play the full version due to short attention span.

4-1.

I searched for the full (briefly) but couldnā€™t find it. As it was it was magnificent.

Chris Stapleton is one of those artists that while he is labelled country, he leans towards blues a fair bit. Did a duet on ā€œSay Somethingā€ with Justin Timberlake as well.

1 Like

That makes sense. Might have appealed to my early Beasts of Bourbon sensibilities. Theyā€™re a fair bit dirtier but do the country blues very well.

free yes

1 Like

No to, Nu Breed.

My favourite song was JRā€™s Elsie (Divinyls) in the finalā€¦Iā€™d not heard it before and just loved it.

In terms of something completely new to me, then Iā€™d have to say Hamboā€™s choice of Cyboogie by King Gizzard

1 Like

General feedbackā€¦loved the whole concept (just wish the voters had better taste in musicā€¦I mean, who doesnā€™t love a 20 minute opus by Rush) and canā€™t wait for the second series.

As others have said, maybe tighten up the voting timesā€¦rules set in place at the start of the comp so that everyone knows from the outset what they can/canā€™t/must do.

Donā€™t like the idea of ā€œconferencesā€ as I think that would make it even easier to guess who certain songs are by which takes away from the anonymity (especially in the early rounds)

Apart from the set time limits, then avoid going all ā€œAFLā€ with a whole bunch of new rulesā€¦it worked pretty damn well overall so the concept doesnā€™t need much tinkering.

Iā€™m happy to have a turn as admin as long as people can accept that the time difference here in Perth impacts when I am online.

Overall rating 9/10 (one mark deleted for overall acceptance of poor voting form from the majority of you JR & Decks excepted)

6 Likes

I loved it and canā€™t wait for part 2.

I like the money idea from @Diggers. It is unworkable though considering how competitive it got without cash involved. I envisage it would get real ugly.

2 Likes
6 Likes

@Deckham reminds me of Robbo.