The reigning DJ King (Mk VI) is @Baakkeerrrr...all alone poor dear

Saxcrime (Nineteen Eighty)

After the hits (hit?) dried up they slimmed down to a duo, and re-badged themselves as M&M. They soldiered on for a few years thereafter. Like every other fkn 80’s act they reformed at points and played within the last decade. Don’t know their current movements.

You seem to know a bit about The Muffins. Maybe a bit too much.

1 Like

Wristies?

It’s called making Google your friend… (ok, I did know the M&M bit…)

1 Like

How the hell do they play Echo Beach as a duo? Synths and drums on a sequencer, Martha on guitar and a sax guy?

This song was perfect for hanging out the washing. Yes

Turn any radio to Gold 104.3 (or local equivalent) and go grab a beer for 4 minutes?

Just about to do mine!

Yes.

This song does not go well with the sounds of large machinery, several barking dogs and the laying of tarmac. NO.

Industrial. Got it.

1 Like

I think it was probably the old “band has hit single -> band resents hit single -> band gets ‘arty’ and stops playing hit single -> band’s career dies when they failed to realise that people only came to see them for that one song” trajectory…

2 Likes

Gonna take a little nap now.
If it doesn’t get through then let’s…I dunno…@yaco.

Everything is a yes these days, so boring. Have a no because I didn’t like the song.

It’s today! DJ King is 1 year old!

8 Likes

Happy birthday to Diggers’ child. It’s been an emotional journey and like a normal baby, hard work sometimes. But the rewards are worth it.

5 Likes

Part of me is so proud of this thread, and what we’ve all done with it.

Another part of me wonders what in the actual fark we are all doing with our lives.

9 Likes

I used to read books. And talk to my kids.

7 Likes

This thread is a great distraction at work. Often I just have to be there and DJ King keeps me amused.

2 Likes

5 Likes