The reigning DJ King (Mk VI) is @Baakkeerrrr...all alone poor dear

The beats go on!!

This is how we roll in DJ King

The Rules (or something vaguely resembling rules)

A nominated DJ spins a song. (all styles will be given short shrift except country which will be listened to and voted through in a timely manner (may not be true).

Punters listen (or not) & vote ‘yes’ or ‘no’ - with plenty of banter in between - some related to the song or DJ’s style, but mostly random stuff. There is plenty of salt and we have become a community with the Blitz community. Even one of our fearless leaders @Catherine_Lio has had a go.

If the DJ receives enough ‘yes’ votes, he/she spins again. If not, the slain DJ nominates a punter to become the next DJ & returns to voting on songs & plotting his/her revenge.

Custom now dictates that the slain DJ MUST then change his/her avatar pic to represent the band/artist that brought about their downfall.

@JohnRain and @up_up are the joint reigning KOK’s (King of Kings) with each having spun 18 consecutive songs. Why not have a crack at dethroning them? They are insufferable, lording it over all of us!!

The below link has the following which can be accessed from the tabs at the bottom left of the spreadsheet:-

• List of songs played to date by which poster with thread and post numbers and with vote tallies

• List of DJ’s with date and time of their last set along with the number of spins they have had

• Links to each of the previous DJ King threads to allow you to go back and peruse each song and associated comments

3 Likes

The @Preliminary_Point2 song we are voting on.

Currently at 6-4

1 Like

Yes.

I believe that is now 7-4 @Preliminary_Point2, let’s be aroused by your next ebullient tune.

I’m at work all alone. Gimme something I can crank on the P.A.

Personal Assistant?

1 Like

@JohnRain with 10% of posts in the last thread. Impressive considering the time that was spent in ‘meetings’. :grinning: Legend.

7 Likes

One of my favourite genres of music ever has not been played in the DJ thread as yet.

Time for some glorious Banging Techno! (It is rave day Thursday after all).

Rainman gave a good intro to dance music in one of his sets but he didn’t present Banging Techno which is shame becuase it was such a part of Melbourne late 90’s/ early 2000’s, we were one of the techno capitals of the world.

Techno these days is generally minimal which is basically the complete opposite of what I grew up with. Techno then was loud and fast and in your face.

To the untrained ear it’s painful noise, to the intiated it’s a symphony of rhythm.

Guys that were interested in women, took coke and listened to house.

Sensitive guys, took pills and listened to Trance.

Chinstrokers stood up the back talking to their mates appreciating a key mix of a progressive house set.

Real men listened to Banging Techno. We let the baselines hit us in the nether regions, we stomped, we fist pumped, we learnt to Melbourne shuffle.

Without further ado I give you the king of Banging Techno Ben Sims.

P.S eat my balls.

3 Likes

Shut that ■■■■ the ■■■■ down
No.

I tried (31secs), nope

Nah. Sozzles.

PS. I’d rather eat your balls then listen to that ■■■■ again.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

Ha. Thx, dude @Zimmer :+1:

I made a promise to myself that I would put work first & DJ King second this year. Less than two weeks into the NY & I am already struggling. :sweat_smile:

50K posts across 5 consecutive threads. Mighty effort, everyone. @Diggers - send us all a bottle of Icelandic :iceland: vodka.

4 Likes

:rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

Clicked on the wrong reply button. That thanks was for Zim.

Have a yes, though, PP2.

1 Like

I think I might compile all of the stats from thread 1 onward. Or maybe I’ll get bored in the middle - or more probably question my life - and not. We’ll see.

5 Likes

Who wants to spin after this?

Not really what I’d expected, Yes

Where has @Kj_11 gone? Haven’t seen him around DJ King for a while. Must be due soon?

1 Like

yes