The reigning DJ King (Mk VI) is @Baakkeerrrr...all alone poor dear

That’s a classic baker critique, right there.

2 Likes

It’s just so ubiquitous on all hair-metal from the mid 80’s to early 90’s, and it dates things something shocking!

1 Like

free yes

1 Like

I love the Unplugged version as well. If you watch it carefully, you see Jerry nod to the other band members & look towards Layne on a few occasions. I reckon the band were worried about him pre-show, as Layne was absolutely FUBAR on heroin that night, but he still destroyed it.

I enjoyed ‘The One You Know’ but not enough to rush out & buy Rainier Fog. Cheers for your thoughts on it.

Always a yes for AiC. That album is killer.

1 Like

Don’t let me sway you. It’s not awful, but there’s no Looking In View, or Your Decision, or Phantom Limb on it… Maybe it’ll grow on me…

1 Like

That was horrible. I can deal with the production shortcomings that Bakes pointed out but the laboured and overcomplicated song structure doesn’t work and it’s way too long and boring. Also it’s a crap song. no

1 Like

I have Dirt programmed into my car stereo & play it when stuck in horrendous traffic jams here in Tokyo. I even glare at other commuters while belting out the lyrics karaoke style. They soon look away. :grin:

1 Like

Boo. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You drive in Tokyo? F that!

Around 200 kms per day.

Eep. I’d have gone postal and murdered someone. Not sure belting out AiC would stop it either :wink:

1 Like

I’ve had my Michael Douglas ‘Falling Down’ moments.

1 Like

Still, it’s very nice of you to offer to schlep my wife and I around Tokyo later this year. Very nice indeed… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh, sheet, I was honestly planning to PM you about that (after spotting it in the travel thread), but it slipped my mind.

1 Like

All good, you’ve had a fair bit going on lately. I understand you could overlook something like that.

1 Like

6-1

All right, yes

1 Like

Irrelevant yes.
And I love their Voices from a few years ago.
Friggin’ love it.

1 Like

These Brisbane lads went alright back in the day. Stranded…