The reigning DJ King (Mk VI) is @Baakkeerrrr...all alone poor dear

Like Wimbledon, the champions list remains, Jez-san.

DJ King of Kings (KOK)/Queen of Kings (QOK) Songs Played KOK/QOK Number
Diggers 8 1
John Rain 9 2
Koala 12 3
Paul Peos 14 4
Kira 15 5
John Rain 18 6
  • Only outright (not drawn) KOK/QOK are listed.
  • The above are in the 10 yes vote era. Still, no outright KOK/QOK in the first-to-seven system (kinda disgrace :grin:)
  • Kira abdicated on 15 and prolly could have gone on to 50, given the form he was in at the time. I know he is brewing something in the background (which he has alluded to) that is just monstrous, but letā€™s just wait for that.
  • Peos kindly abdicated on 15 during the first-to-seven voting system (first kind thing he has ever done in his lifā€¦errrā€¦on Blitz). :wink:
  • When @up_up was at 6-6 on 17 songs over Xmas, I flirted with the idea of killing him. I didnā€™t - something I deeply regret after his recent insolence and looney tune theory re: Sultans. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
2 Likes

Far be it from me to deny a request.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s some fancy bassā€™n.

Yes

So Iā€™ve been listening to couple of lesser known Rush albums this afternoon and Iā€™ve just interrupted that process to listen to this.

I know that some of you might find it strange, but after a few hours of listening to a trio of incredibly talented musos, this particular track just didnā€™t measure up to the requirements of any type of positive response from me.

Soā€¦have a free, first ball NO

2 Likes

Starting with Diggers as the first KoK, and not the two before that, does make your numbers look better :slight_smile:

So the Kok is telling me that despite the fact that I was a kok, Iā€™m longer an actual kok. I was never a kok. I donā€™t know how to feel right now.

3 Likes

You might prefer his Moonlight Sonata from the same album.

Somehow, I doubt that to be a true statement (given that Rush are one of my all time favourites)

Werenā€™t the DJs tied at that time (and after early spins?). Happy to update (if incorrect). I think Digs was the first outright KOK. Happy to be corrected.

Heā€™s just talking about outright KoKs, I believe.

Wimm had six spins as the second DJ in the thread

And then Peos had seven prior to your first lot of eight

Lol.
I meant to that track.

1 Like

Technically, Wim was first to six. Then a bunch tied.

Then I may have snuck in the first to sevenā€¦ Then a bunch tied. (Including you, from memory.)

Edit: what Swoodley said.

1 Like

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  bonzer to that over the top bass. Yes.

After listening to that track in itā€™s entirety, I doubt youā€™ll get me to listen to anything else he does

Yes to the jaunty slappy tune

Iā€™ve never aspired to be an outright kok.

1 Like

Yes to the track, as odd as it is.

1 Like

Is there a table for number of DJs nestled between each growing-in-size Kok?

2 Likes