The reigning DJ King (Mk VI) is @Baakkeerrrr...all alone poor dear

Well, given the exceptionally high quality of everything I play, a deserving vote would always be a Yes.

So please follow that policy (and none of your own sneaky interpretations of the value of my songs) :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, pull the other one, cowboy. I wasn’t born yesterday. No flies on my nose. Don’t come the raw prawn with me and tell me I’m ■■■■■■■ up your trousers.

1 Like

Songs played section (yes). KOK title (no).

I must admit, though, your recent voting has been spot on - not like all these airy-fairy dudes who find creative ways of saying yes to songs they truly hate. ‘You, know, it wasn’t the best. Poor vocals and all. Not that musical, really. But, I kinda dug the fact that it was edgy/different - have a yes’. Or in the case of PP2 ‘I fuckn loved it’.

Far out. Been smashed all day at kids sport comp (8:30 - 8:00), got home, and have worked through this thread. No idea what’s happening, but seems to be a whole heap of worrying about the size of ones kok.

Anyway, if Wim still needs it here’s a yes

3 Likes

Well, to be fair, that’s because everyone in here is a ■■■■■■■ wilting ■■■■■■■ pansey with shrivelled prunes for balls.

2 Likes

I probably consider anything pre first child as 90s… :slight_smile:

1 Like

7-5 lets go again @wimmera1

I think 2 x previous KoK Wimmera1 is getting a rough deal here.

1 Like

Make good choices, @wimmera1

It was the first Rush album I ever heard (and bought).

I remember the first time I heard them…it was a Friday night after a nice little pub session. I got home and started watching a show called Nightmoves…the final two tracks played that night were A Farewell To Kings and Xanadu.

Xanadu just blew me away (and still does over forty years later).

The following Monday, I went into Allans (A record store in Collins Street at the time) and bought the album.

That obviously doesn’t apply to us. Word up, bruva, from another ■■■■■. :grin:

Ha!
Same same!

1 Like

Currently listening to Test For Echo…another one of their lesser known 90s albums

Ok, you’ve got me in the mood. I’m starting off with AFTK. Not pulling out the old vinyl, though. Too late for that, so Spotify will have to do. Fark I’m getting shivers already. What days they were.

1 Like

One of the major music disappointments I have is that Rush never toured here :frowning:

It’s all tongue in cheek @Kira Vote however the ■■■■ you want. Your free yesses are a pleasure. Chill dude - you are the “chill dude”.

(I actually reckon most of the salt comes from syntax errors. Or textual misinterpretion. Other than @BAAKKEERRRR , he’s pretty straight forward.)

1 Like

You haven’t thought this through, Peos. Using your logic, the first ever DJ would have been a KOK - as he had the most votes on the board courtesy of the fact that he was the first player. Then, the second ever DJ to spin (to beat that meagre title) would also be a KOK. Those early spins mattered little - as everyone needed to have a spin before you could determine an outright KOK. There was no outright leader (as you recall). You were all stuck with the same score after the same number of spins. Stop trying to elevate your earlier mediocre/garden-variety efforts. Digs was the first true KOK (unfortunately for him - I can’t see him reaching those heights again).

Not only will he never ‘reach those heights’, but the next time he spins, he should be shot in the kneecaps, to save us all form the farkin garbage he plays. Tell you what - I’ll happily vote Yes to his screaming.

2 Likes

You’re starting to sound a little bit like Louis XVI here Mr KoK…and you know what happened to him in the end

1 Like