THE ROAD TO THE FLAG 2019

IIRC we gave up a 3 goal lead 3 times and let them kick 5 in a row 3 times. It was pure, mainlined, essington.

1 Like

Crucial game this week. Must win in my view.

1 Like

Look at this ■■■■

2 Likes

1 Like

Yeah if they have Hurn, rioli, Vardy and yeo out we’ve got no excuses.

1 Like

It’s highly unlikely we’ll win this week. But it’s not season over if we don’t.

3 Likes

1 Like

They really are some serious wingnuts

1 Like

Correct, but we probably have to split our next 2 at worst.
Too difficult chasing tail at 6-8 and hoping that ALL of Syd,Nth, WB, GCS, Port just lay down for us to rack up wins.
This game isn’t that easy.

Plus, we desperately need some momentum.
Nothing builds momentum better than defeating good teams (Top 4 quality teams).

2 Likes

The twos wins we gift wrapped them was the difference between them finishing 4th instead of 9th

1 Like

Should get Hurn and Yeo back this week

Yeah i’m hoping we pinch one of the next two games. Otherwise we’ll be in a similar situation to last year. I think the GWS game is more likely. 8 day break, at home under the roof, hopefully stringer back, no Lachie Whitfield and our shiny new tagger to cover Coniglio. Plus the sting of round one still fresh in the players minds.

We’ll see. Last week yeo was still listed as calf tbc and Hurn a week. Barrass is still out too, ditto NIC Nat.

They’re vulnerable

2 Likes

Both the next two games are very winnable. We have a good recent record against the Eagles and GWS away from home are not the same as at Spotless.

2 Likes

If the cow didn’t sh*t in the paddock, the man wouldn’t have stepped on it !

True, I just thought they were very average last year

They were as mediocre a top 4 side you’ll see, but I think it’s easy to underestimate the impact of an experienced line up that has played a lot of footy together. They were not easy beats, and their flogging of GWS a few weeks ago shows they still aren’t.

The main issue with us making the 8 is, which one of Freo, Brisbane and Richmond is going to fall over? I mean possibly Brisbane? But all those teams are travelling pretty well. Rich will get some key players back in the run home too.

Brisbane and Freo both chances of falling over IMO. Brisbane because of tiring youth and Freo because I don’t think they’re that good and/or anymore consistent than us. We might have to knock them out in Rnd 22 to do it but they’re a long way from a lock. Richmond do enough from their last 7 at the G and some returning class to stay in.

1 Like

Brisbane has had a dream run with injury so far too, if a few go down they could lose some more games, heck im tempted to tip Saints against them this week

1 Like