THE ROAD TO THE FLAG 2019

I wouldn’t bet on Richmond- four of their MCG games are against Collingwood Weagles GWS and Port.
Really only give them FarkCarlton, Melbourne and the Suns.
Two defining games - Saints after their bye, and the Bears in the last round of the season
A loss in either could see them out. Or it’s that must win game in the last round.

My gut feeling is that our season will come down to the last round versus collingwood.

4 Likes

Richmonds % is a worry for them.
I did the ladder predictor and Richmond misses

Cats
Giants
Eagles
Pies
Crows
Freo
Ess
Brisbane

Richmond miss on % and finish 9th

we have first up final against Freo in Perth.
Then if we win a trip to GWS or back to Perth against the Eagles
what a finals campaign

lel
if we win a final…

If the Cats do the right thing and belt Port, if we can beat WCE we will leapfrog both Port & Tigers to grab 8th position.

1 Like

yep could be in the 8 next week.

2 Likes

Dees could knock off Freo at G also

As per Saints over Lions at Marvel

2 Likes

And get screwed over by the BHF’s.

Bald headed flogs for anyone wondering.

2 Likes

Overall we came back from the bye in good shape mentally. I think that’s a positive going to Perth. As has been said elsewhere we need to build momentum by playing at our best. It gives the team confidence and that creates further momentum and increases our chances of winning. And that further improves us.

Wins are important and it’s of course what you want the result to be. But it’s important (just as important) at this stage to play really good and consistent footy and to get better as a side. That will help us for longer term success. But yes - a win in Perth will be a big plus.

Footy forecaster simulation bots are lid off - they say we’ll finish 6th on 12 wins now
and that’s after they predict us to lose the next two weeks

They have us beating Syd/Norf/Suns/Port/Dogs/Freo
Lose to WC/Giants/Crows/Pies

1 Like

I would love to hear what has changed since last season??? We are far too inconsistent a side to be considered a serious finals contender. And it is damming because on paper we have a very good list. I’m expecting us to finish 10th with Anzac Day and the Sydney loss being the difference in us making finals.

Why bother having expectations? Just take each round as it is? Don’t take into consideration earlier in the season or last year, just take each round as it is and next minute we might be mathematically out of finals or we might be secure a finals spot.

3 Likes

Do you enjoy killing threads?

A few of the ladder predictions I’ve done have us playing a home final against the lions. Giddy Up!

Not that I’m getting ahead of myself after a win against a lowly Hawthorn (oooo I enjoyed writing that).

5 Likes

This is the sort of topsy turvy sort of season that makes an and all scenarios possible. There are many variables to ponder before this season plays out its results.

1 Like

I can see a handy draw against one of these to separate us from the pack. Good they have us beating the remainder in % tho.

That’s pretty much exactly what I tipped 2 weeks ago. It really isn’t the end of the world if we lose the next 2 weeks…

Though I would be over the moon if we could jag 1 win. More likely against GWS at home IMO.

1 Like

Eagles don’t look that good of late… few key guys out potentially can see us running away with it

Can we chant BHF’s?

BHF, BHF, BHF,
You art thou the greatest honourable ref,
No, we would never, we would nev-er, ev-ver,
Call you a f, l, o, g, just slap my wrist.

This is an interesting website, even though they have us losing against WCE because of playing away, they have us as a more highly rated team (5th on current form).

If we can play with enough belief and win on Thursday against the Wiggles, and come at GWS after their bye, I reckon we could be a chance if we don’t suffer too many injuries (especially ruck or forward).

After that everything seems gettable, not that we are going to win everything, but I think we are beginning to show a bit of chemistry and that has been the main missing ingredient this season.

It is a strange season, and anything is possible.

3 Likes