THE ROAD TO THE FLAG 2019

We will beat GWS next thursday then lose to sydney the week after

we are consistently inconsistent

We aren’t making finals, the senior players aren’t consistent enough in their performances. And the coaches just aren’t good enough to get the best out of this group

Win the next two we are in the eight, We beat GWS we will beat Sydney, but it’s a huge task.The unpredictability of this side who knows.

Hopefully our sports psychologist’s are damn good because the mental drain of such a smashing is sure to be demeaning.

Anything can be overcome if you have the right systems and the players to carry it out.

Nobody gave West Coast a chance last year.

Same can be said of Richmond or Doggies.

1 Like

See, I think we can’t get any lower.

For me it’s flag or no flag.

I’m not interested in making up numbers.

There’s no Flag this year KM.
We all knew that fairly early on.

I guess the million dollar question is…
Can we overcome our personnel and coaching/gamestyle deficiencies in order to capatilise whilst we still have Hooker, Hurley, Heppell & Bellchambers ?
Which means 2020/21 realistically.

I’m not sure what the expectation should be for next year.
Our disappointing start to seasons '18&'19 have made it difficult to assess the list.
At least Begley and Laverde are getting an extended run at it, Clarke is now in, and Francis/Ridley were given a decent block of games.
Pity about Draper :frowning:

No.

1 Like

ILL DECIDE THAT AFTER I WATCH A REPLAY OF LAST NIGHTS GAME.
Ok fine, probably NO !

1 Like

Another student analogy. Didn’t someone else say EFC’s like the uni slacker who only works hard when things are at their absolute worst, but can’t perform consistently?

1 Like

Tbh reckon we’re already seeing the decline of hurley and belly; don’t think Hooker can maintain this level much longer and I’m not sure what to make of hepps.

For me it’s a cultural issue with the club.

Some clubs have a stink of loser over them and ours is one of them.

I take solace in the fact that Richmond and Doggies have won recently.

1 Like

the sad part is i have no confidence that 3 of the 4 you mentioned can actually stand up in finals. They are all still inconsistent week to week.

The most consistent players week to week more often than not are the younger one’s. It’s the senior core that are letting us down and a big reason we have been higher up the ladder.

The best teams have a core group of experienced guys who are consistent week to week. In the clutch moments you can count on them to stand up and lead from the front. Apart from Hooker i don’t see that with the others on any sort of consistent basis

2 Likes

oh it can get lower than this. if this team even loses another 5% faith in worsfold and what he’s trying to do, the rest of this year gets ugly.

but again once you hit rock bottom, you have to actually acknowledge that fact and be willing and wanting to change.

and it’s not as simple as just replacing the coach, sadly.

1 Like

Can you guys take it to the lid on thread? Or the sack the coach thread. Or one of the other million threads where people ■■■■ and moan.

4 Likes

Exactly Lance.

This thread is for discussing ALL the sides lead into the Finals.
Premiership talk, Top 4 talk, Home Final talk, Top 8 talk.
Whether that includes Essendon or not !

6 Likes

Can anybody else see Brisbane falling over in the second half of this year? I don’t think they’ll make the 8.

Perhaps you should be gambling on that if you honestly believe it. Finals for us in 2019 are a memory.

Are we even capable of six or seven more wins? I don’t think we are. I sure as hell wouldn’t be backing Essendon to do it. The moment pressure is applied we crumble. Then occasionally pull one game out of the hat and surprise everyone but we are very middle of the road at best. And; we are not playing consistently at out best or even consistently period.

We should be playing the young guys and getting games into them it is they who will be our future.

Pretty good run home that includes the Saints, Dees, Suns, Hawks, Dogs, North and Port. Would have to fall off a cliff not to win atleast 4-5 of those 7 which would see them probably scrape in.

Our run home and what chance we are of winning IMO
GWS @ Marvel, 20/80 IMO
Swans @ MCG 40/60
North @ Marvel 60/40
Crows @ AO 30/70
Suns @ Metricon 80/20
Power @ Marvel 60/40
Dogs @ Marvel 40/60
Freo @ Optus 30/70
Pies @ MCG 30/70

I’ve got us winning 3/9 and at best 5/9 but wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being only 1/9.
Loose to GWS and Sydney and the remaining wheels will fall off quickly.

GWS @ Marvel, 35/65 IMO
Swans @ MCG 60/40
North @ Marvel 60/40
Crows @ AO 30/70
Suns @ Metricon 80/20
Power @ Marvel 55/45
Dogs @ Marvel 50/50
Freo @ Optus 45/55
Pies @ MCG 40/60

I see it more as above

3 Likes

Gambling on what? I said winning 6 and maybe scraping in. Where did i imply we were definitely playing finals?