THE ROAD TO THE FLAG 2019

Bulldogs have an easy run home, we need to watch them too. Would have been great if Melbourne had knocked them off.

1 Like

I think if we win just 3 of the next 6 with those 3 being
Suns (win well)
Port
Dogs

Then we should be safe

1 Like

If we keep winning, we donā€™t have to worry about teams lower than us.

2 Likes

Youā€™d assume Doggies would have to win 4 of their 6 to pass us.

Theyā€™ve still got Lions at the Gabba, GWS away and Adelaide at Ballarat. Plus a game against us.

Yup, thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been thinking for the last couple of weeks. 12 wins should be enough to make the finals, 13 wins could get us 5th or 6th place. I think weā€™ll beat Gold Coast and Port, so just need to win 1 or 2 more of Adelaide, Doggies, Freo and Piesā€¦

F*ck only making it. I want top 4ā€¦ or at least a home final.

This could be our best chance at finishing in the top 4 for 15 years.

5 Likes

Have to be realistic mate. No Daniher, T-Bell, Hurley, Ambrose, Smith, Heppell (hopefully back soon), Hooker is half cooked, Fantasia out of sorts. Making finals from here alone will be a huge achievement

11 Likes

Finish 5th or 6th and home final thank you very much

2 Likes

Game v Doggies shaping up as another big one.

Why is everyone talking about Top 4 or finishing in the Top 6? Thatā€™s very unrealistic. If we lose on Friday night which is likely, then weā€™ll be on equal wins as the Dogs most likely as they will beat the Saints. Canā€™t look further ahead than the next weekends matches.

6 Likes

Just got to get to the finals. Then with the week break the players freshen up and we go again.

5 Likes

People starting to get ahead of themselves.

Settle people, this is what causes the tantrums if we have a loss.

8 Likes

This is the typical new-age Essendon mentality.

ā€˜Donā€™t be too ambitious. We donā€™t want to get let down!ā€™

There is a f*cking spot in the top 4 up for grabs, and I hope like hell the club isnā€™t thinking:
ā€œgee, I wish we had all our best players back so we can win all our games and make a play for the top 4.ā€

Get ambitious. Get a killer and opportunist instinct. Then let the young blokes off the leash.
The Bulldogs would never have won a premiership if they put the cue on the rack because they had injuries.

5 Likes

Iā€™m fairly sure there is no way we can the 8 make with 12 wins- well very unlikely, our percentage is not good enough and I think there could be roughly 3 teams to finish on 12. Iā€™m interested to see all of your wins/losses for the teams around us on the ladder (port, crows, bulldogs and giants) because those are teams that are going to ultimately play a part in if we play finals or not.

You do understand that the posts here donā€™t represent the thoughts of the club right?

4 Likes

The reason we can make it with 12 wins is because we are currently 8th and Port and Bulldogs are 1 win behind us. To make the 8, we need to beat Port and Bulldogs and that will be enough to keep them out of the finals.

2 Likes

Youā€™d think we need 3 wins to make finals.

Iā€™d already marked the Crows game as a loss.

I think Suns is a win.

Then we have Port at home, Doggies, Freo and Pies. All 50/50 games. Weā€™re in a very good position.

Doggies have a run of some easier games. But have Lions at the Gabba, GWS at Spotless, Adelaide in Ballarat and is at Marvel. They need to win 4/6 to equal us and have a bad %. They need to win 5/6 to overtake us.

1 Like

Top 4 is out of the question. Only way we can make top 4 is by winning a minimum of 5 out of the 6 and only dropping the Freo game. Thatā€™s too unrealistic.

Win 3 from here (including Port and Dogs) and we will be in I reckon
Win 4 and we are pushing for top 6. Hopefully we get a player or two back after the Suns game.

2 Likes

If the supportersā€™ passion, encouragement & enthusiasm towards the players and the club, is [partially] contagious. Whether that be during a game, communicated to players and coaches outside of gamesā€¦ or talked about in the media.

Then surely all other emotions can also affect the club in some way?

Top 4 no way.

5th or 6th definitely in play.

Bring it on.

7 Likes