THE ROAD TO THE FLAG 2019

All I’m saying is,
top 4 is in our hands if we are prepared to bust our gut every match and win games of football.

I’ve seen this club realise we are going to make the 8 with a game in hand. Yet still have an opportunity to earn a home final… but butchered the chance with lack of effort, because they were content with ‘just making it’.

1 Like

You know there has been a call on here for a few years to weed out all the older guys.

Well, we’ve just about got it til the end of the year.

3 Likes

If we finish top 4 I’ll eat my hat

2 Likes

Yeah but it sounds so exciting. And simple

I don’t care where we finish, we are winning the flag.

Just get us in there and let McKenna cut loose.

9 Likes

same.

even if we finish 9th or 10th, we’re still winning that flag.

6 Likes

Will be the first team to win the flag from the bottom 8.

Guarantee it.

4 Likes

who’s gonna tell him?

4 Likes

Settle down mate. Just being realistic. Even the best teams like Richmond and Collingwood struggled immensely this year when they had their best players out. Richmond are only starting to flex their muscle now that they’ve got their best team on the park. Like it or not injuries to your best players eventually catches up with you. I’m very happy bomber fan that we’ve been able to fight through so far and win these games but you’re kidding yourself if you think Richmond, Brisbane, Collingwood or West Coast are dropping out of that top bracket of teams. Not even gonna mention Geelong. Whilst getting young blokes in creates excitement in the team it also means periods of inconsistency (we suffer from this at the best of times). And I don’t get how you think top 4 is in our hands. We haven’t been in the 8 the whole year let alone having top 4 in our hands

Round 5 we weeerrreeeee :smiley:

2 Likes

My understanding is that while the umps will hand the game to Sidebottom in round 23 and make us ninth, Geelong’s dank history will finally be revealed and they will be removed from the finals 2013-style.

(@Your_Team was wrong. There are 18 teams now, not 16, ya old fogey.)

1 Like

liveladders.com predicts we finish 8th with 12 wins

1 Like

Could we just once not have to play interstate if we make it?

4 Likes

Needs to be adjusted for the Lions win but point still valid

13 Likes

THIS.

I will never go to the SCG again.

@dingus same same for Adelaide. Everytime we made the journey we lost to those ■■■■■.

1 Like

You just know we’re going to the Gabba

2 Likes

And in that time we’ve beaten 5th and 8th, too

Are we still counting Gold coast and Carlton?

1 Like

Im actaully glad we don’t have to play FC again.

3 Likes

Dinner for one at Bistrot Moncur, was very quiet affair after my last visit to Sydney for a final.

1 Like