THE ROAD TO THE FLAG 2019

I’ve been pondering that one.

Do we want a bigger buffer between us and 9th and hence better guaranteeing us finals?

Or do we want to close the margin on those above us in the 8, but with the gap to 9th the same.But risking our chances to make the 8 if we have a stumble later?

1 Like

If we win this weekend and go to 5th because the Tigers lose, that is easily the best outcome. Port are flakey and will balls it up regardless. I think the higher on the ladder for us the better. Great for team confidence too.

6 Likes

I’ve just done the ladder predictor and had us finishing 4th.

lid orfffffffffffff

8 Likes

Almost
They would prefer Eagles 2nd Lions Third.
as Eagles home final would be sell out.
And Crows to host GWS as would fill Adelaide stadium.

But yeh Tigers v ess would be packed house. - probably more than Collingwood Geelong

You didn’t try hard enough. First is still possible!

2 Likes

Could be back to 9th if we lose

images

2 Likes

lel

1 Like

That is true. The higher the finish the better it would be for team confidence Would feel they got to where they’d hoped to be at the start of the year.

Flipside is they get a buffer after this week and they may be more relaxed about making finals and can be more free in the games that are coming.

End of the day they just have to control what they have control over and that is their games and win those. What happens with the rest of the competition is out of their hands.

2 Likes

Port are just as likely to win with the acid on them and it being a big game and IIRC have a pretty good record vs Tigers

Here’s hoping they do

1 Like

In reality, they way i see the weekend playing out is Essendon lose, Port lose, and the the outcome of the Dogs game wont change our ladder position. If that all happens we’re still sitting on 8th but will have to fight hard to stay there.

1 Like

most likely outcome.

1 Like

I had a go and had us losing all our games and everyone below us winning theirs.

We can finish 17th.

15 Likes

Then GWS get second pick. This is pretty lid on stuff.

1 Like

I’m not saying it will be an easy game but I not sure your view of the Crows’ current form is right.

They have only won 1 game from there past 3 (since the bye). And yes, that was a big win last week by 100 points over GCS.

The two games prior to that they lost (96-69 and 100-44). I don’t think they are in red hot form and they aren’t scoring heavily (only an average of 9 goals in those losses).

The question is, does last week’s win where they beat GCS by 100 points give them a false sense of form that they can’t bring to our game or did it have the effect of 'playing them back into form"?

We’ll still need to play very well to win.

6 Likes

My preference at this time of yeah is for the teams at the top of the ladder (1-5) to continue to win against the teams that we are competing against for the final few spots in the top eight. Yeah that means that they open up a big break at the top of the ladder, but so what?

So Matt Rowell or Noah Anderson

1 Like

For GWS?

IF we finished second last lol. oh yep GWS have that pick thats no good

1 Like

Yeah, I think much more important is that we keep winning games and bring form into the finals, rather than stumbling over the line and then getting thrashed in an elimination final.

2 Likes

If we weren’t the walking wounded we would beat them by 6 goals, even allowing for our recent interstate form. Adelaide are soft as butter, but unfortunately with our injuries, it’s just a bit too far at the moment. Hopefully we get a couple back after the Suns game