THE ROAD TO THE FLAG 2019

Wait, I have to barrack for a pies win? That hurts mate. Really hurts.

1 Like

Beating GC does not equate to red hot form.

They got smashed in the showdown by 10 goals
Lost the previous week by 5 goals, albeit to Geelong
And before that had the bye.

1 Like

Just ignore that match. There are some things you shouldnā€™t. Besides, I guarantee that as soon as the game starts youā€™ll be barracking for GWS.

1 Like

YOU WILL DO IT, AND YOU WILL LIKE IT !

My opinion on these situations is Iā€™d rather becoming off a tough game (or a loss) the week before and playing a team thatā€™s had an easy win.

3 Likes

I think we are covering injuries fine.

Midfield (Hep possibly in) and fwd line is stable, defence loses Hurley but gains Ambrose so thatā€™s good.

And Clarke has found some form in ruck and to be honest will be a better option than Belly against Oā€™Brien who is a power runner.

Fark the Crows. Flogged by Port and sure had an easy win vs GC but put them under the pressure we been applying and they will fold

Ambrose back this week?

2 Likes

If I wonā€™t do it for my husband what chance have you jerks got?

4 Likes

Ouch. That hurt.

1 Like

Good news. Hope he comes up, though it is surprising on seeing as he hurt his quad, usually thatā€™s a 4-6 week injury

Any word on Tbell?

Tbell was listed at 6 weeks still, looks weā€™re stuck with Zlarke for the forseebable future.

Hurls was listed at 6-8 weeks, with the surgeons suggestion that the best his seen is 5 weeks of a return from this injury. Which is a shame as looks like he might just make it for the first final at best if we make it.

If he continues to play the way he did on Saturday that will be a much brighter prospect than we could have ever imagined.

2 Likes

I doubt Bellchambers will play again this year.

1 Like

Itā€™d be a bit rude to drop Zlarke for the GF.

11 Likes

Really!?

They deserve to go in as favourites as they are playing at home but I think they are far from red-hot at the moment. Had we played the Suns on the weekend and played in a similar way to the North gameā€¦ we wouldā€™ve won by a hefty margin as well.

St Kilda pis*ing off Richardson and putting Ratten in charge this week could potentially be good news for us.

Replacement coaches have a long history of performing well in their first game. St Kilda play a home game this week against a potential finals rival, the Bulldogsā€¦ who will be without Bontempelli for the game.

The more games that clubs around us (GWS, Adelaide, Port Adelaide, Bulldogs) lose the better.

Iā€™m as lid on as they come but I fully expect to play finals this season. Weā€™re in the 8 now by a game from Port & a game plus % from Dogs with a game against GC to come. I donā€™t expect to win this weekend but thereā€™s no way Port is knocking off richmond at the G this weekend and even if the dogs knocked off the saints on the weekend, itā€™s still not enough to climb over us.

I can see Port only winning 2-3 more games this year (Rich,GWS AO, US Marvel, Syd AO, NM Marvel, Freo AO, and although dogs have an easier run, with STK, Freo (Marvel), Bris (GABBA), US, Giants (Away) and Crows at Ballarat, they only win 4 of those at max. Bottom line is if we beat GC, Port & Dogs weā€™re in. Hawks, Roos & Freo are too far behind now. If we harbour ambitions of top 6 and a home final, we need to beat crows or pies in addition to GC, Port, Dogs & Freo away. Letā€™s hope Freo put a few in for surgery by the time round 22 rolls around.

11 Likes

Prefer my mathematicians to yours.

1 Like

Ok so now we can even finish two games clear

4 Likes