THE ROAD TO THE FLAG 2019

BoooooUrns

I hope we go all Kyle Reimers on them and you get to witness a four qtr goal festival.

Booo and I mean boooo

1 Like

Keep winning the next few weeks, and the ladder will look very interesting.

1 Like

People here underrate the bulldogs.

10 Likes

Maybe. I think that game is a “should win” for us. But if they are in form then it could be tough like the North game.
Of course we could always drop the dogs game or the port game (or even GCS) but I think it’s fair to look at our remaining games and think we are a good chance to win those three (we will probably go in favorites) unlike the other 3.
I certainly wouldn’t be banking on a % boost against the dogs.

Win this week and the rest doesn’t matter.

We would be 11 wins after GC with 4 games to go. It becomes how high we finish in the eight not if we finish in the eight.

Win this week boys.

7 Likes

It’s because they’re inconsistent and young. If you watch them on an irregular basis you may not see how good they can be when it clicks for them.

Just in their last two games, they were fantastic against Port but then quite average against Melbourne. If Melbourne were better than abject the bulldogs probably would have lost that one.

If the good bulldogs turn up for our game we’ll be in for a tough game. It will be interesting to see how we cope. They’ve troubled us in recent times with their ability to beat us to the ball and then outspread us from the contest. But our midfield plays a lot differently this year than it has in previous years so maybe the bulldogs won’t have an advantage here any more.

2 Likes

Yep.
I watch them a lot, due to Mrs Deck.

Winning against the Crows Friday would be pretty significant. It would lift is above the radar at least.

They’re definitely underrated on current form. Their form line this season is all over the place. I’d hate to catch them on a good day though.

Torn as to whether we are at the tipping point for injuries.

With Hepp and Ambrose back we are only missing 4 from our best 22 (albeit guns). Hurley, Bellchambers, Daniher, Smith.

I think we easily have the midfield depth to cover Smith who wasn’t playing well before going down. If Clarke can play his role then we can cover TBC too who isn’t a world beating ruckman.

So long as Ambrose, Francis and Hooker stay fit then the loss of Hurley is minimsed greatly

1 Like

I reckon we are coping very well now

We weren’t when our fwd line & experienced depth was missing so many personnel though

and Gleeson coming back in is excellent timing

3 Likes

If the backline really holds up they could pop Hurls in the forwardline for finals :thinking:

2 Likes

My major concern with Hurley going down is the chemistry being broken.

He and Hooker have built a great understanding of handing over players.

This is the Rutten philosophy and such a key to Richmond’s success. Grimes, Astbury, Rance were able to gel for a few seasons and it worked wonders.

It was evident in the last quarter that Hooker and Francis don’t have this just yet. One bit of play the handover on Brown failed and he took an uncontested mark.

2 Likes

No 18!

2 Likes

I loved your post about her talking to her late dad and crying in the 2016 GF. I showed it to my mother-in-law whose late dad was a mad Scragger (she is the last of her family that way inclined). She travelled to every Dogs final in '16.

4 Likes

That type of sense has no place here.

1 Like

Maybe we lose tomorrow night. However, I’m quietly confident of a win. We’ve left Myers and Baguely in the reserves and brought Snelling in. Maybe even giving Harts a chance. However, if we win with the list on the field with so many outs we are going to look back at 2019 as our best season since 2001. With our young list we are only going to improve and the self belief will be enormous.

3 Likes

Win tomorrow and top 4 isn’t totally out of the question.

2 Likes