THE ROAD TO THE FLAG 2019

Giddy up.

1 Like

1 Like

Thatā€™s the extra win we needed just to take the pressure off and maintain a gap on Port and the WB.
More importantly, we denied the Crows 4 points which may well be the difference between 6th and 7th.
I think the Giants may struggle to get over us now also, so 6th (as a minimum) is very much in the frame.

All of a sudden, the Crows are in a dog fight for 8th spot.
If Port arenā€™t good enough to take them, the Bulldogs may well, particularly since they play each other Rd.23 in Ballarat.
They would want to win their next 2 against Carlton (MCG) & St.Kilda (home).
Blues will give their supporters some anxious moments next week I reckon.

Fark, how good does it feel to almost be there (Finals bound) ?
I know there is still some work to do, but realistically, only 1 more win (out of 4 games) is required after the Suns.

I donā€™t care what the maths are.

If we win all the remaining games we will finish solidly top 4 and looking to win.

Each game we lose puts a dent in that.

All those games are very winnable.

2 Likes

Hit the Squiggle Predictor Shelton.
Do all the games faithfully/realistically, but with us winning them all.

Actually, fukitā€¦
Iā€™ll do it now :grin:

1 Like

Okay, this is what I have with us winning our remaining 5.
Obviously, itā€™s a long shot given we have had to overcome various margins in our past 4 games.

I did not fudge any other results.
We would need some luck to make Top 4 at 15-7.

Adelaide would need to beat Collingwood in Adelaide (I had Coll winning), and we need to edge Richmond on %.
I had us conservatively beating the Suns by 35, so itā€™s do-able.

I donā€™t think we can catch the Lions or Collingwood percentage wise, unless we sodomise the Suns.
We probably arenā€™t healthy enough to achieve the kind of margin we need !

A game style and plan that can deal with contingencies when required, as Woosha clearly articulated after the game.

Also, why am I still up at 4.09am ?

8 Likes

Iā€™m having a sobriety problem in Munich. Thatā€™s my excuse.

1 Like

I just finished dinner, itā€™s good.

2 Likes

Are we going for Richmond or Port today? Cmon North Melbourne and Collingwood!

1 Like

Richmond, if we want help to help ensure we make finals. Port, if we want to get ambitious with hopes of 4th or 5th.

3 Likes

Considering that top 4 is next to impossible with our poor % I will be hoping the Tigers win and help create more of a buffer so there is no let down.

6th might also end up better than 5th depending on the top 4 as in my predictions the winner of 5th v 8th will probably have to travel to Perth while the winner of 6th v 7th will have to travel to the Gabba.

2 Likes

Change thread title to ā€œRoad to the flagā€.

7 Likes

The dream results this weekend are North, GWS and Melbourne winning. A win off 2nd place!! Obviously not likely but GWS at home would fancy themselves, as we know North are playing well and Brisbane played in shocking conditions last week so may be leg weary. Melbourne are no chance realistically. If we keep winning the percentage will look after itself and Top 4 can become a real possibility.

I would ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  love it, if we got a home final at Docklands.
It would never happen. But it sure would help the nerves of the players, to be playing at a ground we canā€™t be beaten on.

Our glorious run continues. What a wonderful two months it has been.

Remember when we used to have last quarter fadeouts and weā€™d all be fretting even if we had a 30 point lead??

What an amazing turnaround this yearā€¦ we can be 30 points down and think that weā€™re still in it. Loving it!

1 Like

Finish 5th or 6th with a home final against an interstate side best case scenario

7th or 8th throws up unwanted possible trips to GWS or Brisbane

3 Likes

4 weeks ago i thought you were crazy. Now i think youā€™re a genius.

4 Likes