THE ROAD TO THE FLAG 2019

if we beat gold coast by roughly 11 goals then we will jump collingwood this round

6 Likes

Tigers are only 1 win and 4% behind WCE, and they play them at the G.
If Rich win all their games, they will probably finish 2nd !

By the way it looks right now, seems as though Collingwood and Essendon will occupy the sixth and seventh positions on the ladder at the end of the year. But, there’s plenty of footy to be played out, everything changes game by game.

Either way, no difference to us. I’m holding out the slightest of hope that we finish top 4 but probably unlikely. Need to hope lions drop a couple and Pies need to drop another one before we hopefully beat them.

Well, win every game, get to 15-7 and we’d be better than 50/50 to sneak into 4th.
14-8 just won’t get it done.
Too many unlikely results would need to fall our way.

2 Likes

Meaning we would play them 2 weeks in a row.

1 Like

I reckon we’re either going to Brisbane or playing the cats. Probably based on how it goes against Collingwood in round 23.

I still reckon we’ll most likely finish 6th, maybe 5th. Top 4 is a pretty outside chance due to our poor percentage relative to Geelong, WC, Brisbane and Richmond.

2 Likes

Even if we run the slate from here I can only see us getting past Brisbane and Collingwood, and that needs Brisbane to lose to Hawthorn, Geelong and Richmond.

GWS have a dream run and WCE/Richmond are fine based on theirs as well.

We’ll get 14 or 15 wins and finish 5-7 I think.

1 Like

Richmond won the flag two years ago and were heading to win it again when somehow they lost the prelim to Collingwood. This year they started slowly, and Dustin Martin was injured and/or out of form. But for the last month they have been very solid.

We like to think that we’re coming into form at the right part of the season. Richmond have been far more convincing about it than we have.

I reckon our only chance of sneaking into the 4 is if Port can knock them off this weekend, because I just can’t see them losing any of their remaining games after that.

EDIT: But I base that on Brisbane losing 3 which I think is very possible. Will be baracking hard for the Hawks tomorrow morning (my time)

2 Likes

Brisbane has won their past 3 match ups, including one in Tassie. I’ve been hoping Brisbane will fall by the wayside too, but nothing in their form suggests them losing 3, GWS much more shakey though and we should take Collingwood’s spot.

Hopefully Brisbane and West Coast can bring Richmond back to earth, but realistically a home final from 5th place is our likely best outcome.

Edit: but looking at the draw again, I agree Brisbane losing 3 is the most likely way we can sneak into the top 4. Completely agree with your post other than GWS could lose any of their matches, except maybe against the Suns.

I don’t know how else to describe the experience. Spiritual prolapse is apt.

I’m going for the Blues and you will all like it.
I’ll be back to calling them Faark Carltank later today.

Exceedingly unlikely, looking at the fixture.

Way results are going and factoring in realistically we’re likely to drop a couple in the run home we’re heading for 7th.

Playing GWS away which isn’t good or Collingwood at the G.

Adelaide or Port Adelaide will take 8th.

2 Likes

■■■■ that, finish 5th and then rinse the crows

2 Likes

We should only (hopefully) be dropping the one game on the run home. And the sad thing is it could literally be ANY of those games!

Adelaide loosing to Carlton ensures we make it.

1 Like

Well top 4 is gone. Hope we can get 5th or 6th and play Adelaide or GWS here

1 Like