The Rumour File 2017/18

Not my rumour - as I said, from FB ‘True to the Red Sash’ group. President’s lunch in Tassie - Fletch was the guest speaker and (allegedly) made those comments. Just adding here to the ‘rumour’ file.

1 Like

Also, massive in terms of the best way to use our pick 11. Stringer or Parker?

I’d be using 11 as part of trade for Parker

And Langford + a pick for Stringer.

We training Langford up to play inside mid to take over from Jobe but he is not even in the same postcode aggression & intensity wise as Parker. So again would be back in pecking order. And Dogs will need that medium fwd/mid.

1 Like

Not sure Swans would be stupid enough to do 11 for Parker.

Would trade lav before lang

4 Likes

Agreed. Operation: Bring Parker in. Need for a gun inside mid supercedes all our other current needs. Wanted Stringer before reading this rumour, but if it is true, Jackets should be on the blower to the Bondi Billionaires pronto!

I would retain Langers. They can have Myers, Colyer and a second-rounder for Stringer. Take it or leave it.

Love Fletch.
But that sort of talk is not smart.

They traded Mitchell & pick 57 for pick 14 and 52.

3 Likes

Throw in one of these…brandintro-parker

2 Likes

Then WE’D be idiots to not do that.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Does this Parker rumour have any credibility? Where has it even been suggested that he may leave?

Dunno. I read it via a Bombers FB group page this morning and the poster referenced 3AW. Said that Tippett, Rohan and Parker are on the trade table. No idea if there is any truth in it, hence it remains in the rumour file.

God I hope it’s true. Parker would be a great fit.

3 Likes

Might be as innocent as “I’d certainly give him another year” and chinese whispers thingy takes over.

A general question , not specifically to you wim. Is Fletch officially involved at the club this year?

Glad it’s not specifically to me, because this is the extent of my connection to Fletch.

I’d have his babies though, were it possible, and if it didn’t dilute the gene pool, which it would.

2 Likes

Soon, you may be able to marry :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome.
Now all you need to do is convince my wife, and his wife.
And make a historical breakthrough in medicine but, believe me, that’s the easiest of the three issues.

7 Likes

That’s what I do!

1 Like

Are you certain that convincing your wife would be all that difficult?

My mrs would be all, “fark off then you fat ■■■■”.