The Rumour File 2017/18

Parker is ours. He has put pen to paper.

2 Likes

hopefully they’ll take laverde as well as langford when they give us parker

Praying to the Egyptian God Papyrus you are right.

2 Likes

FFS

2 Likes

The farkn wat now

if only…

Sounds like we’re about to get sheaffered.

4 Likes

Parker lol. Trade rumours are so funny.

Rohan was talked up as having Stevie J x factor plus speed. Has shown glimpses. Heeney is Rohan mkii where they got it all right (and with free r&d). Can see why he might be trade bait. Goddard to take Rohan under his wing and add a ginger feather to his legacy, make it happen. Parker as steak knife.

haha. I’d take Rohan, if was a delisted free agent. Wouldn’t want to pay anything for him

We’ll probably just end up with Umpire Peter Parker.

Could probably play inside mid though, I guess.

4 Likes

And even then he’d use his spidey, sorry crickety, senses to favour Sydney when we play them. The fat ■■■■.

Think the Buddy deal is a big win for the Swans. What they are paying him now with the new CBA is peanuts compared to what he would demand on the open market. Yes it’s not a good look that they haven’t won a flag with him but the value he has added to their club is immense.

As for Tippett though…

Bring parker in

FRANKLIN! has been a brilliant inclusion for Sydney. Anyone who argues otherwise is an a*sehole who doesn’t know anything about anything. Tippett on the other hand hasn’t worked. Sydney thought they were getting a 40 goal a year contested marking animal who can swing into the ruck as required but he’s turned out to be an injury prone, occasional goal scorer who although competes well in the middle, doesn’t do nearly enough to justify a spot on ruckwork alone. But in Sydney’s defence, K Tippett was one of the hottest prospects in the league when they hired him and the idea of Tippett deep forward with L FRANKLIN as the high forward was the envy of every other team in the league. It’s easy to mock Tippett and Sydney with the benefit of hindsight but at the time, the howls of outrage at Sydney signing him suggest that we all thought he was going to be a star as well.

4 Likes

Tippett had a few good games, but always seemed a bit clumsy to me like Koschitzke, they way he managed to get knocked out a few times, plus he looks like tarzan and plays like Jane.

Was ■■■■■■ with swans about Tippett deal as it was draft tampering and AFL basically allowed it to Happen. but he still was better than swans other options at the time - Jesse White/Lewis Johnston i think? Felt Adelaide got screwed a bit like us regarding draft picks taken from AFL.

Buddy deal i didnt mind as much as he was a free agent, and should mean players would spill out of the swans, and it has happenned - first Bird/Biggs
Then mitchell and Xavier Richards after more $$$, due to swans having so many kids on rookie contracts to balance off Buddys deals.

Also glad it took the AFL off guard as they thought he was going to GWS was funny.
And weakened Hawthorn, which i thought was another positive at the time.

What happenned was Swans became Buddy focused, and they were more easily beatable - shut down/restrict buddy and their scoring dried up. whereas before they were quite unpredictable going forward.Also Longmire has seemed quite dull on match day, with his only move being Send Reid Back.

Sydney have a great deep midfield, but they lack forward polish. And they have found out that playing parker as a HFF that he may not be as good at that role.

Losing Jetta they lost pace. And with Rohan they have looked lively, but he is very spasmodic, and cannot be relied upon. Tippett has been passed by the West coast ruck recruit this year. And playing Neafl is a bit embarrassing from where he was.

But he probably wouldnt even get a gig in the Crows forward line these day with Jenkins taking his spot.

1 Like

Brendan a’chee to Gold Coast or Fremantle is 100%. No chance he’s at port next year

1 Like

It might be in Sydneys best interests to trade Parker to us, and try and bring in some more forward support.

Always thought Parker could play a bit, but he’s probably a bit old now, and in the mid 80s he wasn’t quite good enough to cement a role in the team.

???

3 Likes